Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 04:07 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymbd View Post
I know this subdivison, so my question is why have the kids riding go carts on the landscape? I don't get that!! Also, the parents spoke on the Sunday radio broadcast I listen to and clearly stated they felt it was racially motviated. Why backtrack now? All the parents need to take responsibilty.
I suspect they were riding on the street. They claim they went into the grass to avoid the car.

Note that they were in the Lake Park (if you know the subdivision, you know where they were).

I suspect that the parents just don't want the racial stuff to take over. They live in the subdivision and undoubtedly have friends of all races near them. I suspect that it was racially motivated too especially if she had to go from the northbound lane into the southbound lane and onto the grassy area.

I think this woman's story is pretty fishy. Note that she could have said that the boys swerved in front of her and she hit them trying not to do so and ended up on the grass. Somehow what she said in her statement makes no sense at all to me. Btw, while the police don't know her name, some of us do because it was on the HOA group and it was also given out in the first article that compared the case to Treyvon Martin's case. In the article on the forwardtimes website, there is a court document where the parent's lawyer is in discovery for the lawsuit and that has her name on it as well.

I am waiting to see what the grand jury says. If she jumped the curb and hit that go-cart, she certainly should be up on some kind of charges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 04:20 PM

69 posts, read 246,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I suspect they were riding on the street. They claim they went into the grass to avoid the car.

Note that they were in the Lake Park (if you know the subdivision, you know where they were).

I suspect that the parents just don't want the racial stuff to take over. They live in the subdivision and undoubtedly have friends of all races near them. I suspect that it was racially motivated too especially if she had to go from the northbound lane into the southbound lane and onto the grassy area.

I think this woman's story is pretty fishy. Note that she could have said that the boys swerved in front of her and she hit them trying not to do so and ended up on the grass. Somehow what she said in her statement makes no sense at all to me. Btw, while the police don't know her name, some of us do because it was on the HOA group and it was also given out in the first article that compared the case to Treyvon Martin's case. In the article on the forwardtimes website, there is a court document where the parent's lawyer is in discovery for the lawsuit and that has her name on it as well.

I am waiting to see what the grand jury says. If she jumped the curb and hit that go-cart, she certainly should be up on some kind of charges.
Does your subdivision prohibit go-carts, RTV’s and the like on the grounds? If so, this is where the parents of the children need to take responsibility. Everyone new owner is given the HOA bylaws and should adhere to them.
I agree the women’s story is very fishy, but for parents are painting two different stories, depending oh who the audience is and with that information readily available, they should keep quiet. (Although, I know if it were my children in the situation, the outcome would’ve been different; but that’s just me).

Old 04-04-2012, 06:37 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymbd View Post
Does your subdivision prohibit go-carts, RTV’s and the like on the grounds? If so, this is where the parents of the children need to take responsibility. Everyone new owner is given the HOA bylaws and should adhere to them.
I agree the women’s story is very fishy, but for parents are painting two different stories, depending oh who the audience is and with that information readily available, they should keep quiet. (Although, I know if it were my children in the situation, the outcome would’ve been different; but that’s just me).
I don't live in that subdivision, but one nearby. The streets are public streets though and I think they have to go by Texas law.

I am not sure about any prohibitions on the grass near the lake park though.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:26 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
I wasn't aware go-karts were't allowed in residental areas; I use to ride through my neighborhood in Texas and never dealt with any complaints.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:40 PM

90 posts, read 182,592 times
Without her getting charged, they cannot sue, you draw your own conclusions.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:34 PM

20 posts, read 60,187 times
Go-karts aren't allowed in public streets unless they can pass basic vehicle safety inspections like a normal car does. Also, I believe you will have to have the go-kart insured for operating on public roads.

The only places I know where go-karts are allowed to drive on is private property or in a designated track somewhere.

Ultimately, it's the parents responsibility for the actions of the kids and the driver of the other vehicle that came into contact with the go-kart. I personally would not allow my children to ride in these go-karts because there are too many inattentive drivers out there that could harm them.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
First off, the woman had no business running down kids. If she did this awful thing, she needs to be put under the jail.

Second, unless something has changed while i was sleeping , go karts are not street legal. The parents who provided their kids a go kart with no safe place to ride or allowed them to run around the subdivision, have chit for brains, too.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 AM

150 posts, read 306,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Yeah like the police can be trusted :-) Good luck with that mate

Actually the kids parents should be arrested for child endangerment. Why in the hell would you let your kids drive around in a go-cart. What's next?
I've seen some idiot kids doing that in my old neighborhood and they actually got hurt pretty bad.

First of all, it is not new that kids drive these go-carts.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:54 PM

5 posts, read 9,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemberly283 View Post
Without her getting charged, they cannot sue, you draw your own conclusions.
Her getting charged has nothing to do with whether parents can sue.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:01 PM

87 posts, read 174,805 times
where did the racially motivated part come from? Is it just "probably racially motivated" because the woman is of different race than the kid(s) that makes it racially motivated? If so you are a f***ing fool for saying that and believing it unless you have proof to back that up. I like how people start talking out of their a**es about these incidents that they know nothing about other than what the "news" told them. Any time a light skinned person commits a crime against somebody darker than them its automatically racially motivated... Shows who the true racists are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: