U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:49 PM

296 posts, read 605,348 times

Advertisements

Guffaw! And here you were so worried because you saw a *Texas Hillbilly* in your neighborhood...maybe it's the hillbilly who should be more concerned about the new kid on the block from California. Not classy...not classy at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 06:42 AM

135 posts, read 168,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
Lol, is this a real question? If yes, then yeah, I don't think your neighbors would like that too much. To put it into perspective, suppose your neighbor did the same and he liked hillbilly banjo or french accordian music, and you lived next door to him.
If you have a house, why not put your gym in a corner in the house? It'll be air conditioned and you can have your music without disturbing the neighbors
All my rooms are being used for something at this point or I would move it indoors.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:15 AM
cla

881 posts, read 1,980,158 times
Your HOA covenants probably have a section banning you from disrupting your neighbors "peaceful enjoyment" of their property. You should be able to turn your music on loud enough for you to hear it, but low enough that your neighbors don't.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:46 AM

3,683 posts, read 3,190,078 times
My neighbor put in outdoor speakers even though the deed restrictions have that clause about not disturbing anyone else's peace. The sound was not bad, but his top 40 selections were awful.

I took him some Terry Allen and Fred Eaglesmith and Todd Snider. It is OK now.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:14 AM

37 posts, read 45,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIBS98 View Post
Could be my favorite band, wouldn't care. If I am home trying to relax on a Saturday afternoon and you are cranking music out of your garage, I'd be one unhappy camper.
Very true, statement also applies whether you're in your car, or you're in you're garage.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:14 AM

91 posts, read 40,641 times
It's very hillbilly to do that IMO.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:02 AM

96 posts, read 111,862 times
Don't do it. Work out with an ipod and earphones like a normal person.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:19 AM

8,969 posts, read 15,504,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
We all know white neighbors are gonna be more annoyed by hip hop than they would be by say country or other Top 40 garbage.
I wouldn't want to listen to rap or country blasted. Both are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

i don't live in a MPC atmopshere. I mostly ignore pumped up music when the local teens are having a pool party and horsing around. Adults cranking it up would be annoying, and they don't around here....But if they did I wouldn't say anything, but I would quietly seethe ( it's a white thing. )

Old 04-09-2012, 11:36 AM

678 posts, read 742,341 times
This is a silly thread.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:46 AM

135 posts, read 168,643 times
Well they wouldn't be able to hear it if they are in their house, but if they are in their front yar they MIGHT hear it if they are next door or across the street. I don't really see how it's any different from someone playing a musical instrument like drums in the garage. I could workout with my earphones but I'm a grown ass man an I paid for my house, so I'm going to enjoy it. And it does need to be somewhat loud because when I lift I need to go into beast mode, obviously you people have never put up 315 lbs on the bench.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston