Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 03:35 PM

18,125 posts, read 25,266,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E922 View Post
All the "Houston is SOOOO Kewl and Awesome" cheerleaders are just on prozac and/or trying to convince themselves that they actually CHOOSE to live here for reasons other than base economics (jobs & cheap cost of living) or family obligations.
Isn't that why 95% of people choose to live in a city?

Old 07-27-2012, 03:37 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,149,542 times
Quote:
now that's REALLY clutching at straws...what are you going to do, count the high school newspapers too?

Sheesh, if I were to compile that kind of "anything with print on it" list of local "newspapers" for the other 20 biggest US cities I'm sure I could easily come up with lists as long and many times longer.
Not really your arugument( more like mindless rant )was about news paper then you went into some bend about politics, I quote"A decent daily newspaper is, IMHO, a very telling reflection of a city's populace in terms of general literacy and cultural level."

So lets see your stance was at first you can judge a city by its newspapers having a direct correlation to how it should be view as a major center

Now your questioning the number of papers Houston has , which cover a wide swash of politcal , culture views black , koren , spainsh arab etc as irrelevant to the conversation ... hmmh

So really your point is you have no point

Last edited by Truth713; 07-27-2012 at 03:50 PM..

Old 07-27-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
LOL, so you Houston-chest-beaters don't like it when someone turns around and speculates on YOUR motivations for being here, just like you routinely speculate on the motivations of Houston-critics? Awwwwwww, puah puah baby.
Not really I could not care less why your here, or if you leave , I promise I would not notice

Old 07-27-2012, 04:18 PM

70 posts, read 104,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
Um, most people under 70 don't even read the newspaper anymore. How old are you anyway and why is the paper so important to you, grandpa?

Just what the hell is your definition of some fantastic local media? I'd love to hear about it.

Honestly I don't give a damn about opera houses and theaters showing broadway plays(American musicals? dont know what to call them but I hate them anyway)...I wouldn't go to that stuff even if I was in London or NYC. Those things dont make a city great to me nor anyone I know personally.
That's fine if you're happy with Houston's backwoods cultural level...if going to see the Astros or Rockets or Texans play is the highlight of your week, or shopping all the time, or simply vegging out at home in front of your TV. Congrats, you're in the right place.

Don't get so defensive, this is just a silly internet forum, sheesh...lighten up a little, will ya?

Old 07-27-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
Not really I could not care less why your here, or if you leave , I promise I would not notice
Awwww, my feelings are so hurt...

I guess it's near impossible to have an adult conversation here without somebody getting all personal about it...sorry but it ain't about you and it ain't about me either, ok?

If you can't handle being contradicted and disagreed with, just turn off the computer and play with yourself, you'll be much happier with yourself that way.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
That's fine if you're happy with Houston's backwoods cultural level...if going to see the Astros or Rockets or Texans play is the highlight of your week, or shopping all the time, or simply vegging out at home in front of your TV. Congrats, you're in the right place.

Don't get so defensive, this is just a silly internet forum, sheesh...lighten up a little, will ya?
I,m sorry I still fail to see what cultural viberant life your alluding to, juts alot of complaining

Old 07-27-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
Not really your arugument( more like mindless rant )was about news paper then you went into some bend about politics, I quote"A decent daily newspaper is, IMHO, a very telling reflection of a city's populace in terms of general literacy and cultural level."

So lets see your stance was at first you can judge a city by its newspapers having a direct correlation to how it should be view as a major center

Now your questioning the number of papers Houston has , which cover a wide swash of politcal , culture views black , koren , spainsh arab etc as irrelevant to the conversation ... hmmh

So really your point is you have no point
Your list of "newspapers" is a joke, doh. That's like someone making a list of every little MacDonalds and 7-11 hot dog counter and adding that to a list of "restaurants"---ROTFL!

Old 07-27-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Isn't that why 95% of people choose to live in a city?
I'd put the figure more around 70%, though in Houston 95% is probably about right. And I have no qualms confessing that I'm one of those 95%---but unlike many of the posters here I won't cling to silly DELUSIONS that my choice to live here has anything else more to it than just simple dollars and cents.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Awwww, my feelings are so hurt...

I guess it's near impossible to have an adult conversation here without somebody getting all personal about it...sorry but it ain't about you and it ain't about me either, ok?

If you can't handle being contradicted and disagreed with, just turn off the computer and play with yourself, you'll be much happier with yourself that way.
in order to contradict you would have to actually say something , its not personal ,I just find it strange your complaining about viberant life while sending your day on the computer attacking houston, where is the viberant life in that, and before your counter with the ohh so clever what about you .. I have ran along the bayou, sat in the park , talk to a homeless guy for a hour etc etc. that called having a life , now I am getting ready for the night shift

Old 07-27-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Your list of "newspapers" is a joke, doh. That's like someone making a list of every little MacDonalds and 7-11 hot dog counter and adding that to a list of "restaurants"---ROTFL!
yawn like I said your attack was about culture( not that you have the first clue to what that actually means..lol) So now you want to dis-miss the vast number of paper that cater to those cultures and views...

Quote:

Oh and you just discribed the dalily actions of every city in america, eat, drink , taken in a movie or sporting event.. go home smh you really do not have anything do you .?

Last edited by Truth713; 07-27-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston