U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-19-2012, 11:06 AM

4,651 posts, read 8,335,941 times
Default Another bizarre Houston crime story

This story is just plain weird.

Police: female student assaulted on Scott Street // thedailycougar.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 11:51 AM

15,832 posts, read 18,920,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Not to mention that's a pretty busy intersection; even at that time of night. I know someone had to have witnessed this.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:50 PM

10,027 posts, read 9,355,825 times
Weird story,
they were able to take her behind the gas station but then she was able to get away from 3 men

Old 04-19-2012, 05:15 PM

2,630 posts, read 2,286,528 times
I don't know why people struggle with this story. I attended UH for a period of time within the last 3 years and know that intersection. This happened either late at night or very early morning - not when there are students around the book store or gas station. I've been at the book store that is right there in the middle of the day and not seen a lot of people around. It's Scott and Elgin not Times Square. and the people that can possibly be around may not be the type to help a woman stop a sexual assault.

Typically men who would do something like that are not the ones willing or able to stick around for a fight. There are fortunate cases where simply by screaming and fighting a woman in the country can stop her attacker. She did what she was supposed to do in that situation and put her life on the line to protect herself. They didn't get an "easy target" they were hoping for. If one guy is trying to deal with someone screaming and fighting chances are the other two lowlifes are going to run to avoid them getting in trouble

Old 04-19-2012, 05:55 PM

1,996 posts, read 1,559,455 times
This is Houston and that's near a not so nice part of town. If you can't get gas before dark don't be getting gas as a woman at 11:45pm.

Not trying to blame the victim here but common sense. I know campus is right there and I guess she lived on campus but come on. Hello 3rd Ward I see you next door. I don't think so.

That was a really bad idea and time to get gas.

I don't know how she fought off 3 men though. Good for her but woman vs one man is 50/50. Woman vs 2 men is usually not good for the woman. Woman vs 3 men is well you know the ending there.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:45 PM

2,630 posts, read 2,286,528 times
Man I'm hating these comments

there is a little blaming the victim to say she should have known better. the men should have known better than to be attempted rapists. saying i dont mean to blame the victim doesn't take away the sentiment behind the words

Clearly the men were not ready or prepared to beat to death a fighting woman. typically in a punk fight guys will back down if someone is being aggressive or loud which clearly she was doing. His "buds" weren't interested in watching his back so they could be around when the possible good citizen runs up

sad thing is as a woman she can't put gas in her car and be safe like 100% of people should be able to. not her fault
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston