Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2013, 01:12 PM

6 posts, read 8,567 times

Advertisements

Hello I have a five year old daughter who this fall its going to 1st grade. As a parent I want to give my daughter the best education and I would like to know if anyone has recommendations of a great private school in cypress, TX or near this area.
Please any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 09:25 PM

A little bit more explanation and hopefully someone can help me. Currently my daughter is in Kindergarten and when were looking for a house we didn't look for the best school thinking that ALL schools in Cy-Fair were good. My daughter goes to Postma and its a OK school but I hate that they watch a lot of TV! Maybe because its Kindergarten but they watch TV for music, math, recess(rain days) and the last period. Her teacher said it was part of the curriculum and I really don't care if its to learn their numbers but TV is NOT the way to go. TV should be OUT at all times.
My daughter loves to learn new things and this year she was accepted in the GT, hopefully the GT will help but I don't want the school to take her love of learning away.
I was also looking at greatschools.org and Postma has a 7 out of 10, the middle school that she will attend its 5 out of 10!!!! :/
So I would like to know is there any other public school in Cy Fair that are worth it, with a great GT and if not I guess Private school its the way but I can't seem to find a good school in Cypress.
Thanks...sorry for the long message.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:58 AM

114 posts, read 225,069 times
There's Salem Lutheran, Cypress Christian, I think on Jones, Cypress Rosehill, Covenent something off Telge, My cy fair elementary is a 10 out of 10, but still wish I could afford private. And we don't practice any relegion.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:03 PM

63 posts, read 174,093 times
Although not directly in Cypress, Northland Christian is close to the area. Our son is in 5th, has been there since kindergarten and we can't say enough good things about the school. They have a couple of open houses coming up soon. Good luck in your search!

Old 03-17-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypresstosocal View Post
There's Salem Lutheran, Cypress Christian, I think on Jones, Cypress Rosehill, Covenent something off Telge, My cy fair elementary is a 10 out of 10, but still wish I could afford private. And we don't practice any relegion.
Would you mind sharing the name of your school that has 10 out of 10?
Why would you like to do a private school, is it because you don't like the school your kids are? or just because you think its a better option?

Thanks!

Old 03-17-2013, 09:54 PM

114 posts, read 225,069 times
Its the student to teacher ratio in public that I don't like. I also wonder if they are being prepared properly for the real world, for instance on how to articulate their thoughts well and the confidence they need to actually do well in a career. If your child does not fit into their mold, I think this hurts their self esteem If your child was accepted to GT she fits in the mold. I know Postma kids who's parents are loving and care about grades and their kids do very well. My kids go to Sampson, I have a hyper son which bothered them but he gets mostly As. Its lots of testing too in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston