Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 05:20 PM

7 posts, read 14,852 times

Advertisements

Hi, we purchased a new town home in the museum district. We close this week and will be the first to move in. When I called comcast they said they did not service the address. AT&T says the same as well as other local providers...the only one who does service us is clear but they have terrible reviews and after talking to their customer service I would not go near them. Clear works off a signal and the other cables and fiber optic.

We currently live two blocks away in an apartment and have our choice of service providers.

I am at my wits end and have no idea what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 07:10 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,044,246 times
I think the problem is that you're calling Camcast and not comcast. That aside, if they don't service your townhome, then maybe you could try speaking with the developers and asking if they have any plans of providing the infrastructure for it. I know they have to have runs of cabling to each home, but maybe they weren't planning on doing it.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:15 PM

847 posts, read 1,746,848 times
What about Dish Network..

Old 04-23-2012, 09:35 PM

965 posts, read 1,043,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmbutter View Post
Hi, we purchased a new town home in the museum district. We close this week and will be the first to move in. When I called comcast they said they did not service the address. AT&T says the same as well as other local providers...the only one who does service us is clear but they have terrible reviews and after talking to their customer service I would not go near them. Clear works off a signal and the other cables and fiber optic.

We currently live two blocks away in an apartment and have our choice of service providers.

I am at my wits end and have no idea what to do.
Wait....do you live downtown or in the museum district? Two totally different places with two totally different types of infrastructure.

I'm assuming it's the museum district and if you are the first to move in it may be because they haven't established a connection to that specific community yet.

If there are others moving in then it will only be a matter of time before demand justifies a connection.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:04 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,573,062 times
might have other providers that are not so publically known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston