U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 05-07-2012, 09:48 AM
 
27 posts, read 98,621 times
Reputation: 43

Advertisements

Hi all,

You may remember the thread where I broke the news about In-N-Out coming to Texas/Dallas (see In-N-Out Burger is coming to Texas). I can now, through the same type of sources, say the same about Houston.

Over the weekend, while chatting with In-N-Out employees in Dallas, I was able to confirm that In-N-Out will be in Houston in 2013. Apparently, the Dallas managers have started talking to employees about moving to Houston next year to open stores.

While that alone might not be sufficient evidence for confirmation, I think it becomes more than sufficient when you combine it with the way we found out about Dallas a couple of years ago (see thread linked above). The easiest way to find out that In-N-Out will be in an area is for employees to let you know they've been asked to move.

Anyway, I was excited and thought I'd pass the news along.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2012, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
4,710 posts, read 9,441,545 times
Reputation: 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaywhateveryo View Post
Hi all,

You may remember the thread where I broke the news about In-N-Out coming to Texas/Dallas (see In-N-Out Burger is coming to Texas). I can now, through the same type of sources, say the same about Houston.

Over the weekend, while chatting with In-N-Out employees in Dallas, I was able to confirm that In-N-Out will be in Houston in 2013. Apparently, the Dallas managers have started talking to employees about moving to Houston next year to open stores.

While that alone might not be sufficient evidence for confirmation, I think it becomes more than sufficient when you combine it with the way we found out about Dallas a couple of years ago (see thread linked above). The easiest way to find out that In-N-Out will be in an area is for employees to let you know they've been asked to move.

Anyway, I was excited and thought I'd pass the news along.
That's cool. Thank you for telling us.

[Let the haters commence hating now...]
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Katy TX
1,071 posts, read 1,330,388 times
Reputation: 2077
Awesome news, and thanks for letting us know. Love me some In-N-Out burgers!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Pearland, TX
3,334 posts, read 5,488,731 times
Reputation: 2249
Aldi, Trader Joe's, In-and-Out.... next thing you know we'll be getting Wegman's!

Ronnie
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
11,488 posts, read 11,774,268 times
Reputation: 7495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
That's cool. Thank you for telling us.

[Let the haters commence hating now...]
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 02:52 PM
 
10,616 posts, read 12,075,707 times
Reputation: 2439
Y'all may even get a KK. LOL
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Sugar Land, TX
858 posts, read 909,039 times
Reputation: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Aldi, Trader Joe's, In-and-Out.... next thing you know we'll be getting Wegman's!

Ronnie
Then I'd be super happy!

Thanks for the OP.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Greater Houston
3,104 posts, read 6,192,779 times
Reputation: 993
Too late--they lost their first mover advantage by opening in Dallas. Meanwhile Carl's Jr. is now open (and expanding).

Can't wait for White Castle, a truly unique product!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Houston (Memorial) and Western NC
9,224 posts, read 17,232,729 times
Reputation: 4417
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Too late--they lost their first mover advantage by opening in Dallas. Meanwhile Carl's Jr. is now open (and expanding).

Can't wait for White Castle, a truly unique product!
There was a White Castle not too long ago (maybe 3 years) along 1960. I don't know if it's still there. But I'm pretty sure it's gone.

I hate fast food burgers. Just not worth the calories. I think Pappa's Burgers and a few other single owned joints are worth the splurge....every once and a great while.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Cypress
149 posts, read 187,279 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
There was a White Castle not too long ago (maybe 3 years) along 1960. I don't know if it's still there. But I'm pretty sure it's gone.

I hate fast food burgers. Just not worth the calories. I think Pappa's Burgers and a few other single owned joints are worth the splurge....every once and a great while.
That was a Crystal's. I think the closest White Castle to Houston is in Memphis so that would be a big move for them to come here.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top