Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 09:06 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,222,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I guess the giant purple signs that designate a toll road, and the equally giant black and yellow signs that say EZ-TAG ONLY aren't clear enough? Here's a future tip. If you don't know what an EZ Tag is, you probably don't have one, and shouldn't be using the toll road. If you do, you could be pro-active and do a two second google search to come up with who to contact to make sure you don't have multiple fines and charges, and likely pay just the cost of the toll.

God forbid people who drive, read and comprehend road signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 12:53 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,282,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
God forbid people who drive, read and comprehend road signs.
You're being unreasonable. It's hard enough having to text, drink, eat and drive. Now you want them to understand key information?

Old 11-02-2016, 01:35 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,222,814 times
Quote:
You're being unreasonable. It's hard enough having to text, drink, eat and drive. Now you want them to understand key information?

lol you forgot putting on makeup for the wemon while driving. Most of the ones I see doing that dont own enough make up to make themselves look better.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:27 AM

172 posts, read 391,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Then you don't drive on toll roads much. Many newer toll roads are EZTag only, not just in Houston, but all around the country.
I have logged tens of thousands of miles crossing the country from the west coast to the Midwest multiple times, to different destinations. I have never been on a "members only" toll road until we arrived at the 99 in Houston. The toll roads I have been on either had booths or took your picture and sent you the bill.

Our toll roads here in Houston obviously have the capabilities to take pics of the plates and send bills. They just prefer to send hefty fines to unsuspecting motorists instead.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noregrets11 View Post
I have logged tens of thousands of miles crossing the country from the west coast to the Midwest multiple times, to different destinations. I have never been on a "members only" toll road until we arrived at the 99 in Houston. The toll roads I have been on either had booths or took your picture and sent you the bill.

Our toll roads here in Houston obviously have the capabilities to take pics of the plates and send bills. They just prefer to send hefty fines to unsuspecting motorists instead.
I'm not disputing that the system is jacked up, however signage makes it crystal clear that you're not in compliance unless you have an EZ Tag. The fact that people ignore or "don't see" the sign is totally on them. What's that old saying...ignorance of the law is no excuse?

Old 11-05-2016, 07:34 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,228,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredfromFL View Post
Don't believe I have ever been on a toll road that, at some point or points did not have a toll booth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Then you don't drive on toll roads much. Many newer toll roads are EZTag only, not just in Houston, but all around the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noregrets11 View Post
You quoted my reply without your original quote I was responding to. Your post didn't have the "or take picture & bill", it said you had never been on one without a toll booth.

If you had said " or take picture & bill", I wouldn't have disagreed with you. Yes, I'm being picky, but if you're going to dispute a quote, you have to be accurate.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:38 AM

224 posts, read 296,989 times
I'm not from this state and don't even know how the txtag thing works at all, and yet 6 months later I get a $600.00 bill.

To me I think Texas makes up for not having state taxes, I just feel like every time I turn around in this state, I have to open up my wallet for something else in this state, they charge you for everything.

But 6 months is absurd and adding all sorts of fee's on top of it, is ludicrous.

Sorry but their not getting their money, my tags are from out of state, and I'm not even sure I'm staying here. If they want to charge me in an appropriate time, then that is one thing, but to wait and send out a bill for 6 months later and not even let you know you have a bill. Now c'mon you can't tell me this isn't some money grab?

Or better yet I may get an attorney my self and fight this bill, I would much rather give my money to an attorney than to blood sucking gov't officials. Especially when I think there should be a time limit, on how back you can charge. But leave it to Texas to mess up everything.

Last edited by Buckeye5b; 11-14-2016 at 01:08 AM..

Old 11-14-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbracing33b View Post
I'm not from this state and don't even know how the txtag thing works at all, and yet 6 months later I get a $600.00 bill.

To me I think Texas makes up for not having state taxes, I just feel like every time I turn around in this state, I have to open up my wallet for something else in this state, they charge you for everything.

But 6 months is absurd and adding all sorts of fee's on top of it, is ludicrous.

Sorry but their not getting their money, my tags are from out of state, and I'm not even sure I'm staying here. If they want to charge me in an appropriate time, then that is one thing, but to wait and send out a bill for 6 months later and not even let you know you have a bill. Now c'mon you can't tell me this isn't some money grab?

Or better yet I may get an attorney my self and fight this bill, I would much rather give my money to an attorney than to blood sucking gov't officials. Especially when I think there should be a time limit, on how back you can charge. But leave it to Texas to mess up everything.
Good luck with that. Depending on your state, there may be a reciprocity in terms of DMV. You ignore one state, it's just like ignoring your own. No tags, license renewal, or whatever other sanctions your state has for not paying fines.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:08 PM

224 posts, read 296,989 times
Quote:
I'm not disputing that the system is jacked up, however signage makes it crystal clear that you're not in compliance unless you have an EZ Tag. The fact that people ignore or "don't see" the sign is totally on them. What's that old saying...ignorance of the law is no excuse?
btw I do have an eztag but for some reason it doesn't work here in Austin.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,101 times
what happens when you don't pay your toll roads in Austin, TX what happens to the driver or the car that the person is driving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston