Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 07:22 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,997,888 times

Advertisements

Traffic on 290 is rough to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 09:49 PM

538 posts, read 1,362,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn12inc View Post
It is not safe along the 249, the far north part of Cypress is better. Cypress is it or miss. Not a real city. Doesn't even have its own police force

Um, okay. If you say so, then it must be true.

It's as safe in Tomball, as it is... the north part of Cypress (wherever that utopia is). "The 249" is not a bad area. I think you're a little confused about Houston suburbs and the roadways that run through them.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Traffic on 290 is rough to say the least.
290 is the devil.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:42 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn12inc View Post
It is not safe along the 249, the far north part of Cypress is better. Cypress is it or miss. Not a real city. Doesn't even have its own police force
Not safe? Not true. The area below the Beltway is not nearly as good as above it - but to say anything along 249 is not safe is simply not true.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:10 PM

127 posts, read 400,540 times
Wow along 249 is not safe? I think some people need to get out more, never have I gone to the area around 249 and felt threatened, got mugged, held to my valuable tight, etc. Sure some of the subdivision is lesser desirable than others, but not safe is not a word I would choose.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMTA View Post
Wow along 249 is not safe? I think some people need to get out more, never have I gone to the area around 249 and felt threatened, got mugged, held to my valuable tight, etc. Sure some of the subdivision is lesser desirable than others, but not safe is not a word I would choose.
Maybe south, near Willowbrook, it might be a little less desirable (south of the beltway in particular), but north of that, I can't think of one area that would make me uncomfortable, and I live here, and experience it daily.

Now, West Mount Houston... another story. Maybe that's what the OP was thinking of. It may all be one long road, but it's like night and day.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,046 times
I am planning to move to cypress and I am reading all this info. Someone please be straight up is this area safe?u

Old 03-11-2015, 01:13 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,020,413 times
Yes. As with any area, it depends on where you are specifically, but generally speaking it's a very safe area. I've lived in Cypress for 30+ years and love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia100 View Post
I am planning to move to cypress and I am reading all this info. Someone please be straight up is this area safe?u

Old 03-11-2015, 04:24 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,821,133 times
I completely agree with what Haudi said. To add some more color to that with my own opinions, Cypress is very safe relative to most of the Houston metro, but some areas further out along 290 or 249 are probably going to be newer, higher income, and relatively safer than the parts closer in towards the beltway. Out of nice middle to upper middle class Houston suburbs, you actually get some of the best bang for your buck on home prices, with the exception that the eastern parts of town over near the port may be slightly cheaper. If you look up the same Perry home in Sugarland, Katy, Cypress, and The Woodlands, Cypress is cheaper. The only true negatives I can point to is that 290 is really bad traffic still, although most of the widening is slated to be done mid to late 2017 which will help dramatically, at least for the short term. The other negative is that there is not quite as nice retail and restaurants as you may find in Katy, Memorial, Sugarland, or The Woodlands, which are all anchored with their own large malls/retail centers. This may change down the line as the number of upper-middle class residents in the Cypress area continues to grow, and by no means are the options bad, but as to date the variety isn't as high. I am under 30 currently and prefer inner city living so I moved into town, but I grew up there and would very strongly consider moving back to raise a family if I happen to have a child.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:04 AM

5,614 posts, read 4,939,687 times
All of Houston's nicer suburban areas have crime, especially property crime; I've often seen opinions that this makes Houston stand out compared to other metro areas, though I've not seen data to back up that opinion. Cypress is no different in that regard. By Houston's standards, it's as safe as anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston