Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 01:29 AM

561 posts, read 972,248 times

Advertisements

I was driving down highway 6 at around 1AM from Missouri City toward Sugar Land(I do this quite often since I go to a gym that is 24hrs.) and I notice quite a few Sugar Land Police driving and patrolling the area...

Then I noticed a SLPD SUV with its lights off waiting.. I realized what these "policemen" were doing. They were trying to see if anyone would entice themselves into speeding down the highway at above the posted 45mph. Which is quite easy since the road is very empty at this time of night and there is a stretch of about 2 miles with no lights. And at the next light I could see a someone pulled over by the SLPD.

It could be for people driving while intoxicated.. But on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.. thats highly unlikely.

This isn't the first time SLPD tries to hand out speeding or traffic tickets, I had a friend who got a ticket for running over the line of a stop sign, which for him was somewhat of a necessity to make sure that there wasn't any oncoming traffic as he tries to merge into the street outside his MPC.

Dont these poLICE have something better to do? Handing out meaningless speeding tickets? Is this what taxpayer money is being used for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 06:56 AM

687 posts, read 2,127,745 times
We're coming towards the end of the month. Maybe they need to meet their quota of tickets? Or maybe the City of SL just needs more $$ for its operations. But thanks for the heads up. Gonna pay attention to my speedometer when I'm out that way!

Old 05-24-2012, 07:42 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
That time of night is slow so those domestic terrorists have a sugar high on jelly donuts. With all the foreclosures and home abandonments out there, and of course the bloated salaries of all the government workers, the donut connoisseurs are actually instructed to give out as many tickets as possible to extort money from us law abiding citizens to make up that shortfall.

How sad that in a country that claims to be free, us law abiding citizens have to live in fear of those who stalk us law abiding citizens when they have no real crimes to investigate and nothing to do but pick on motorists trying to get to work or the fitness center.

And don't get into trouble with them. As you all know, it's all over the news how they are beating us citizens with their sticks and their feet with complete immunity.

Must feel real special to be able to steal, pillage, beat up and intimidate us little people with complete immunity from the very laws they jamb down our throats.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:51 AM

1,461 posts, read 5,595,702 times
Hedwig Village and Jersey Village police are worst in my opinion.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:34 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,170,298 times
More folks are injured via auto accidents than from robberies, crime etc in Houston annually. I, myself, don't have a problem with cops controlling traffic. Speed limits are set for a reason. And we all know, we Houstonians aren't the most skilled/courteous drivers.

Ronnie

Old 05-24-2012, 12:05 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
More folks are injured via auto accidents than from robberies, crime etc in Houston annually. I, myself, don't have a problem with cops controlling traffic. Speed limits are set for a reason. And we all know, we Houstonians aren't the most skilled/courteous drivers.

Ronnie
You forgot the "jk" part on this post. If you were serious, then you need to do some more research.

Just sayin...

Old 05-24-2012, 12:09 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,170,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
You forgot the "jk" part on this post. If you were serious, then you need to do some more research.

Just sayin...
I did the research. I suggest you do the same. Auto accidents with injuries/deaths far exceeds murders, assaults etc. in Houston.

Ronnie

Old 05-24-2012, 12:28 PM

66 posts, read 117,720 times
Quote:
I did the research. I suggest you do the same. Auto accidents with injuries/deaths far exceeds murders, assaults etc. in Houston.

Ronnie

yes, comrade, this is true, especially in the wee hours of the morning with no traffic. I suggest we all give up freedom and liberty and live under martial law so that big brother might keep us safe.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:11 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:

Ronnie
And how are these auto accidents caused? Someone sneeze and jerk the wheel?

Old 05-24-2012, 01:12 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,444,931 times
So I'm confused, are you suggesting that traffic laws be unenforceable from midnight til 6am?

Aren't most bars still opened during the week? I imagine they wouldn't stay open if people weren't coming in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston