Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 03:07 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,803,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
I've been here 13 years and I STILL don't know what to think about Houston.
I got a comment (referencing this post) via Reputation Comment, where you can't reply back. The comment said that since I've been here for a decade, I should say something nice.

Well, once I find something about Houston that blows me away, I'll do that.
Might be tomorrow, might take another 13 years. Who knows.
For now, I'm.... content and I don't have much of an opinion one way or another. Don't even know what I'd tell someone if they asked about moving here. All I know is I have a great job, and its cheap as heck to live here. And I have some family here which is what brought me here in the first place. Met some real nice people here too. Yay Houston!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 04:13 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
After reading some comments and suggestions. I checked out the Galleria area of Houston. It seemed kind of typical chain stores, restaurants, strip centers, malls, etc. Not saying that's bad. It was clean, neat, well landscaped, busy. There appeared to be some high-rise apartmnt and condos in the area. I generally liked it.

Is this the area of Houston where everyone goes to shop? or be seen? Or rather, is this area a sought after area to live? I'm just curious.

A lot of my work involves me being in Houston. It may be a possibility one day that I move there, which is why I really wanted to get a "feel" for the city as much as I could during my short stay.

Being that Im Florida, I actually enjoyed the oppressive heat and humidity. In Philadelphia it's been hot, but it's a different kind of hot I think. The Houston hot really reminded me of home and I miss that. (I know it's weird) but I do not mind it

Old 06-02-2012, 04:23 PM

682 posts, read 834,135 times
^^Yes a city of 6 million and there is just the Galleria....right......

Old 06-02-2012, 04:53 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago3rd View Post
^^Yes a city of 6 million and there is just the Galleria....right......
instead of being sarcastic, perhaps suggesting ideas to a complete outsider would be more productive for this thread...

I merely mentioned I went to the Galleria area. I was only in Houston for 2 days, thanks for contributing nothing

Old 06-02-2012, 05:01 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
instead of being sarcastic, perhaps suggesting ideas to a complete outsider would be more productive for this thread...

I merely mentioned I went to the Galleria area. I was only in Houston for 2 days, thanks for contributing nothing
Don't listen to the Houston haters, they live very pathetic lives.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:23 PM

563 posts, read 910,191 times
If you are in a rush and looking for something to do tonight you could check out the nightlife on Washington Ave. or in the Montrose area between W. Alabama/Montrose/Westheimer/Richmond.

Either way you should probably drive these areas to learn more about the city.

In Houston, a Party Corridor - NYTimes.com

Washington avenue Houston!

Houston Montrose bars/clubs | 29-95.com

I would also hang on to the 29-95 site because it lists a lot of good restaurants and things and places to do or see.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post

Please...why don't you fess up and tell the room you get off to being contrite about places and things you know nothing about? Am sure it gets your jollies off. Answer my question.....do you really think a city of 6 million people has one place.....to eat and shop or be seen? Do you?

You have been condescending....through most of the post. And anyone who can make the judgement calls you have about a major city...in just a 2 day visit is a person who really doesn't care about discovery of new wonderful places.....different...yes....not what you like...perhaps....

Old 06-02-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Don't listen to the Houston haters, they live very pathetic lives.
I know you are probably a little teenager or have the mind of a teenager...but my post was taking up for Houston you silly silly person. Do you think Houston only has one place to be seen or shop or eat out??? Six million people in this vibrant metropolis and you agree with the OP??? NOW WHO IS THE HOUSTON HATER.....

Please go to the Houston photo section and review my photos of Houston...I hate it so much...what a hoot.
William B (WilBSnodgrassIII)'s Photos : Houston-Texas | SmugMug

Old 06-02-2012, 06:19 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago3rd View Post
I know you are probably a little teenager or have the mind of a teenager...but my post was taking up for Houston you silly silly person. Do you think Houston only has one place to be seen or shop or eat out??? Six million people in this vibrant metropolis and you agree with the OP??? NOW WHO IS THE HOUSTON HATER.....

Please go to the Houston photo section and review my photos of Houston...I hate it so much...what a hoot.
William B (WilBSnodgrassIII)'s Photos : Houston-Texas | SmugMug
Please go take your meds, I have no idea what this rambling foolishness means.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:24 PM

193 posts, read 340,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
I think she meant there is so much variety in types of places around Houston like you have Pasadena which is all industrial and full of refineries then you can go to The Woodlands which is trees and more trees. I suggest you go check out Kemah and the Clear Lake area then head up to The Woodlands and take a walk along the waterway then head over to the Galleria and check it out and walk to the adjacent Williams Tower and see the waterfall. Go to Ragin Cajun and get a bucket of crawfish before the season ends.

Important note: Lake is not Clear, whatsoever. Also, don't eat anything in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston