Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 11:02 AM

69 posts, read 246,476 times

Advertisements

I drive down Almeda everyday to commute to the Medical Center and the smell over there is ungodly! I swear it begins to creep into your ac ducts and funk up the car!!! I never understood how those homeowners do it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 11:04 AM

69 posts, read 246,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
They have been saying that raw sewage plant smell should go away for a long time....they said a few months over a year ago. That is why it has a nickname "Sh^*&y Park"

And Bayou Oaks has a double whammy...across from raw sewage...and a chemical plant.

My advice. Rent
Agreed! I've commuted down Alemda for 5 years now and the smell is always there, but mostly during my evening commute.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:15 PM

6 posts, read 20,069 times
Hmm, I've driven by the area, windows down, a few times and haven't smelled anything. I didn't smell anything while walking around the subdivision area either, but 5 years experience is a lot. I've pretty much exhausted my options looking for a new build house <140-145K that is within a reasonable drive to the TMC. Anybody else have any suggestions?

Old 06-14-2012, 01:18 PM

66 posts, read 117,781 times
Get a condo. There are some nice ones around tmc, some new, some old.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:44 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,217,718 times
That's a decent area...don't let the hype fool you...the suburbanites who're stuck with high taxes wish they could have that commute for that price...advantage is also you can send your kid anywhere in HISD

some areas off West Orem aren't desirable (Townwood) but alot of people have grown up in that area and went on to do good things and it's a good early investment until you can afford something bigger

the crazy part, if your black and not recommending the area then we're hurting ourselves at the end of the day as we don't control anything outside the beltway and 288

Old 06-16-2012, 07:05 PM

6 posts, read 20,069 times
Anybody know anything about Brunswick Lakes? Meritage homes has a few well prices houses in the area...

EDIT: I also finally smelled that WWTP off 521 on the 4th time I drove by, but none in the subdivision I was looking in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston