Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 12:04 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,171,954 times

Advertisements

Can anyone refer me to a good auto detailer in Pearland? I can't find one. Most that are listed on a Google search have phones disconnected. I assume they sucked or were out of someone's home or both.

Thanks,

Ronnie
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 03:41 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,790,939 times
If you need a "car show" detailer I have one that use for my cars. He is AWESOME but expect $400 and up. If just regular detail then I don't know :-)

Old 06-15-2012, 05:04 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,870,729 times
One of the owners of this place (Tony) is a member of my Mustang club.

Racer's Edge Hand Car Wash & Auto Detail
1980 Country Place Pkwy, Pearland, TX 77584
713-436-8686
They are on Facebook - RacersEdgeWash and Twitter @RacersEdgeWash

If you go by there, mention a friend from Westside Mustangs suggested them.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:36 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,771,691 times
R & R Supershine
2411 Old Alvin Rd, Pearland, TX 77581
(281) 485-0339

Old 07-01-2012, 02:29 PM

5 posts, read 9,762 times
I agree with trbstang^^^^

I own Soap Hand Car Wash in Houston near Greenway Plaza and a second location near River Oaks Shopping Center and I can tell you without a doubt that Racer's Edge is where you want to go. Tony and his Dad are great guys. His Godfather is my Mentor. Good People.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:32 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,171,954 times
I went to Racer's Edge on your referral. To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed. $200 is a lot, and I honestly expected more. For $200, I've had detail shops pull the seats out and steam the engine (not water). They didn't do either of those and it wasn't really all that clean on the dash and other vinyl areas and the seats still showed stains that I would have thought they could have gotten out.

Nice folks, but that wasn't what I expected. Sorry. And I realize you can't please some folks. Maybe I'm one of those. I dropped it off at 9, was told it would be done by noon and I would get a call. Nobody ever called and I just wandered back over on my own.

Ronnie

Old 07-01-2012, 07:49 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,790,939 times
Sometime is hard to find honest or reliable business in this city of ours Ronnie. And sometime you have to waste $200 to find out just that.

I had my car detailed before a car show and it cost me $500, but tell you what, 2 guys worked straight for 9 hours on it. And how do I know that? They've done it in my garage and I was there most of the times. The outcome was impeccable of course and also resulted in a trophy. Their service was a part of that win as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
I went to Racer's Edge on your referral. To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed. $200 is a lot, and I honestly expected more. For $200, I've had detail shops pull the seats out and steam the engine (not water). They didn't do either of those and it wasn't really all that clean on the dash and other vinyl areas and the seats still showed stains that I would have thought they could have gotten out.

Nice folks, but that wasn't what I expected. Sorry. And I realize you can't please some folks. Maybe I'm one of those. I dropped it off at 9, was told it would be done by noon and I would get a call. Nobody ever called and I just wandered back over on my own.

Ronnie

Old 07-18-2012, 08:17 PM

5 posts, read 9,762 times
I'm really sorry to hear that Ronnie. I will pass this along and hopefully he can make you happy.

We have details that are listed as high as $325 and go higher with extra services. $200 is about 3-4 hours of work for us. We don't pull the seats ever. There is a huge liability in doing this and with out an ASE certified mechanic on staff I wouldn't do it. I usually refer people to the dealer if they need this type of mechanical service.

As far as the lack of a call, I know how busy things get and it's really easy to forget to call. No excuse, but I'm just saying it happens. Running a business is VERY tough and things sneak up on you.

Ronnie, did you happen to point out the things that were overlooked to Tony?

Old 07-18-2012, 08:57 PM

196 posts, read 419,690 times
I worked in the auto industry a few years as a paint tech. I've never heard of pulling the seats for a detail. That would be a special request, and put in writing on the work order before the job started. I could see that on a high dollar restoration type job, but not on your day to day int/ext full detail.

One thing I can relay to people is to always address specific concerns prior to the job, and insist it is put in writing before the work is done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston