U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-08-2012, 02:08 PM

5,345 posts, read 9,109,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Pearland + Sugar Land = Missouri City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionne7 View Post
I'm curious what this means?
Me too. Maybe that Missouri City is geographically between Sugar Land and Pearland? Because the demographics among all of these are not really that similar...
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 02:08 PM

150 posts, read 151,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to LA View Post
Thank you Donnie,

Actually w cant buy a house right away as we donno anything yet abt Texas, so we'll rent for a year or so to explore different locations and decide where to buy. It's getting really confusing to choose where to start right now, but i will keep searching in all the proposed areas and hopefully will find something nice soon.
We too are moving for a job and we couldn't find it in NY, I loved NY so much, especially upstate. I didn't like LA but I am trying to move to Houston with a positive attitude in order to be happy as we'll probably stay there for a while.

Thanks again for your feedback, I try to keep all points of view in my mind till I can check it for myself and know how it feels.
Not all of southwyck has been annexed off by Pearland. It is great for those who are in the southwyck area that are part of Pearland. Many residents are fighting being part of the Pearland because they are afraid of property tax increase. Make sure you check if you decide to move to Pearland that you are actually in Pearland. Pearland is still in its development stage, so this is why you have a situation like this. I don't think this is an issue in Sugarland.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:37 AM

1,444 posts, read 2,306,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
Me too. Maybe that Missouri City is geographically between Sugar Land and Pearland? Because the demographics among all of these are not really that similar...
Just an inside Joke, and yes it is in the middle of the Pearland and Sugar Land.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:06 PM

10,264 posts, read 7,756,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionne7 View Post
Thanks for the information, but it appears based on what I have read in the links that there is no guarantee it will be opened in 2013. It all depends on how much funding comes in.
As I said, the funding is already approved. The city is in negotiation for the lease as we post. I have been the secretary of the friends group for about 3 years and was involved prior to that. You can be negative if you want to, but we HAVE the funds in hand already.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
As I said, the funding is already approved. The city is in negotiation for the lease as we post. I have been the secretary of the friends group for about 3 years and was involved prior to that. You can be negative if you want to, but we HAVE the funds in hand already.
I don't want to fight with you about whether the library will open or not. This is stupid. I hope it does. We will have to see.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Just an inside Joke, and yes it is in the middle of the Pearland and Sugar Land.
I don't get the joke.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:24 PM

1,444 posts, read 2,306,802 times
Nothing is wrong with Missouri City its great place to me but always overlooked by Pearland and Sugar Land dont really know why but hmmm you be the judge.

The "joke" wasnt meant for you.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:26 PM

10,313 posts, read 10,764,964 times
I can guess looking at the demographics. SMH.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:37 PM

5,345 posts, read 9,109,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
I can guess looking at the demographics.
You said it, not us. And it's not the first time here...

Old 07-10-2012, 05:58 PM

10,313 posts, read 10,764,964 times
I know that's how some of you feel which is a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston