Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 12:14 PM

5 posts, read 8,109 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I am moving back to the Houston area after beeing gone for a long time in the hill country area. I love NE Houston with all the trees and the commute doesn't seem very bad, I will be working in the Galleria area...I am used to commuting and would rather commute and love where I live. Love feeling like I am leaving it all behind when I leave work. I have a daughter that will be starting school in a couple years, and I am trying to see if this is a good area....which area would be the best for our family. I actually have a DR Horton home here, haven't had any issues....but I know regionally things can change.....we loved Oakhurst and checked our Lennar.....any ideas or opinions would be awesome. I wanted Kingwood schools, but my thoughts are new caney might improve with time and as my daughter ages.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 12:42 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
new caney has not improved in the 20 some odd years of my parents living in Kingwood and their kids/grandkids going through the school system there

Old 07-08-2012, 12:54 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times
It would be a pretty long commute I think. But I would choose Kingwood sections over Oakhurst because I wouldn't put my kids in the New Caney school district. You could look into Atascocita area as well and have really great schools as well and quick jump onto the beltway.

Have you looked at the Champions Forest area at all? Not sure about the schools there though, but like their wooded areas.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:55 PM

that's one thing that worries me, it is always so hard to predict the future with things like that....thought "maybe" since there are so many homes being built there that it might happen....and I know Kingwood has always had a great reputation....so we might just focus on a resale there.....just trying to figure it all out

Old 07-08-2012, 12:57 PM

Is champions forest off of 45 in spring area? if so I kinda want to avoid the 45 traffic.....but the area is really pretty....I have checked out eagle springs as well...so that is always an option....

Old 07-08-2012, 01:03 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishelle1275 View Post
Is champions forest off of 45 in spring area? if so I kinda want to avoid the 45 traffic.....but the area is really pretty....I have checked out eagle springs as well...so that is always an option....
I live in Eagle Springs and love it here!! the traffic you would run into getting to the Galleria area would be around the Galleria - which is always awful no matter what time of day it is.

I think Champions Forest is up 249 off of Cypresswood Dr. It's very pretty over there. Don't know much about how housing or the schools over there though.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:14 PM

I checked it out because I did hear that the Klein schoold dirstrict was good.....but the 290 traffic was horrible....I am pretty much set on NE Houston....Kingwood, Humble, Eagle Springs or Porter area.....just trying to narrow it down even further now.....

I have head great things about Eagle Springs too.....so I might have to look into that area further as well....

and the traffic around the Galleria is a mess all the time, just going to have to accept that...haha....maybe I can try back ways once I get a route down....

Old 07-08-2012, 10:33 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,736,420 times
Oakhurst over Valley Ranch for sure, they do not even compare. Only real down side of Oakhurst as you say is the schools but its not like the schools are horrible just not quite as good as Kingwood schools. I do believe they will improve as the kids from these new communities move up through the system.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:56 PM

Thanks Chris....those are my thoughts exactly....it's either Oakhurst or a resale in Kingwood if I find something that I fall in love with.....love new homes, but the lot sizes in the resales are really hard to pass up really looking forward to moving into the area!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: