Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 AM

2,465 posts, read 5,766,674 times

Advertisements

True that. On my first Weekley home they came to fix some stuff after 9 years. It was something major and they took care of it since they were at fault. To me that is just awesome service and great product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trele6 View Post
Im on my second Weekley house as well. Their service is awesome, they came out and still fixed small warranty items after I had lived in my house for almost 4 years! I dont think I would buy any other house than a Weekley to be honest, I have had such good experiences with them. Then again, I am hoping this is my last house for a LONG time..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 01:24 PM

25 posts, read 59,536 times
Thanks guys/gals, I really appreciate it. I do agree with the skimpy space in the Weekley's. I'm really partial to walk-ins. But The sales person is friendly and it looks like they have a pretty comprehensive inspection that they do. One thing I have noticed between DW and VB is they really drop the ball on the media room. The only one that comes remotely close is the 3rd floor option on the Barden. When I think of a good media room, I'm talking about riser floors, component cabinets, and elongated (at least 19ft). Is there any reason they don't do proper media rooms?

Old 07-15-2012, 05:11 PM

19 posts, read 88,991 times
I agree on Weekley's service. Their warranty team is just excellent. I was happy with our assigned contractor as well...approachable and eager to please, worked with our private inspectors, went through our punch-list with us before closing to make sure everything was good.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:51 AM

192 posts, read 489,929 times
Weekley.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:24 PM

538 posts, read 1,355,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMTA View Post
at that price range and choices you have givem, I wouldn't go for Ryland. Don't get me wrong, Ryland is nice, but at that price range I would go for David Weekley.
Ryland has different levels of homes, and in the Woodlands, it's the Concerto series, which are very nice. I know. I live in one of them.

I wouldn't hesitate to build another Ryland, nor would my husband, who's a professional real estate inspector. What I wouldn't do, is pay $30k- $40k more to build a Ryland, or any other production-built home for that matter, just to be in the Woodlands, when you can build the exact same home and be elsewhere - especially in Creekside Park.

ETA: We've also had excellent customer service with Ryland. We've had absolutely no issues with their warranty team at all. As a matter of fact, they've gone above and beyond on items for which the warranty has already expired, free of charge.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:52 PM

127 posts, read 399,220 times
I also own a Ryland home concertos series myself, but as I said earlier I would go with David Weekley for in the $400k-500k range as they have floor plan such as the Lilac and Hillard which to me is a more attractive floor plan. I also had good experience with Ryland as they have a good team of sale representative, construction manager, loan manager and a great selection for the design center. They honored my past 1 month warranty for some plants that died when I first moved in even though I put it off over 1 month.
I just think that Ryland is good for below $400k where as David Weekley, Trendmaker, etc would be better for $400k and above. They usually offer more such as bigger lot in the 80's-90's size, more square ft. homes (4k plus), nice size Court yard etc.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I also own a Ryland home concertos series myself, but as I said earlier I would go with David Weekley for in the $400k-500k range as they have floor plan such as the Lilac and Hillard which to me is a more attractive floor plan. I also had good experience with Ryland as they have a good team of sale representative, construction manager, loan manager and a great selection for the design center. They honored my past 1 month warranty for some plants that died when I first moved in even though I put it off over 1 month.
I just think that Ryland is good for below $400k where as David Weekley, Trendmaker, etc would be better for $400k and above. They usually offer more such as bigger lot in the 80's-90's size, more square ft. homes (4k plus), nice size Court yard etc.
I didn't even see the price range. Somehow I missed that. I don't even think you can build a Ryland close to $500k.

Have we already had this discussion before? Are you in a Cantata? I can't remember now if it's you, or someone else on here.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:17 PM

lol, I do that sometimes, miss some reading info . We had a discussion before I believe it was you, me, and a few others. No I'm not in the cantata, but that is a nice floor plan though. I'm in the Trieste II floor plan and I'm loving my house. I believe it might be you and a few other who help me narrow it down to a Ryland. I can't complain as it has all what I need for now and they made this floor place spaced out well. I don't feel any room in my house is too big or too small and plenty of storage space for food, towel, electronics, etc. I'm a happy camper with Ryland especially for the price I paid. Happily recommend others with them if it fit there needs. My process went smooth sailing all the way through and they communicated with me well before and after and I think that is very important when building.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
lol, I do that sometimes, miss some reading info . We had a discussion before I believe it was you, me, and a few others. No I'm not in the cantata, but that is a nice floor plan though. I'm in the Trieste II floor plan and I'm loving my house. I believe it might be you and a few other who help me narrow it down to a Ryland. I can't complain as it has all what I need for now and they made this floor place spaced out well. I don't feel any room in my house is too big or too small and plenty of storage space for food, towel, electronics, etc. I'm a happy camper with Ryland especially for the price I paid. Happily recommend others with them if it fit there needs. My process went smooth sailing all the way through and they communicated with me well before and after and I think that is very important when building.
Then there are three of us here. Someone else here is in a Cantata. I'm in a Rhapsody, and I love it. It's large, but I don't feel like there is any unused space.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:31 PM

EXACTLY, that is the word I was looking for "no unused space". I remember now that you mention you are in the Rhapsody. I love the design center just wish I had more $$$ to to get more. I shouldn't be so greedy as I think I got sufficient upgrade. I can't say the same for their design consultant even when they told me I got the more experience consultant. knowledgeable yes she was. Helpful? Could do better. Reliable? nope. I guess in the end, I shouldn't complain as I am pretty darn happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston