Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 05:43 AM

339 posts, read 799,473 times

Advertisements

For the price we pay for Lin, it is well worth it. We are getting a player who will not beat his mom, not break the law and importantly, not throw a teammate under the bus. Lin may not reach Linsanity, but he'll at least give us excitement, he'll jump on his teammates, or just be enthused having a team win. Money is good, but he will be the first to tell you that being with Rockets gives him control and expansive to his game. He'll be the 1st option with the Rockets and will control the ball when he is starting unlike being with Knicks where he is 3rd option with Melo and Stoudamire over him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 08:42 AM

18,051 posts, read 25,118,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodwings19 View Post
For the price we pay for Lin, it is well worth it. We are getting a player who will not beat his mom, not break the law and importantly, not throw a teammate under the bus.
And that prediction is based on what? on race?

Old 07-23-2012, 09:05 AM

339 posts, read 799,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
And that prediction is based on what? on race?
Based on love of god!!!

Old 07-23-2012, 09:12 AM

50 posts, read 116,967 times
I'm already sick of the news hype from all the local channels....is there nothing else to talk about? And after all, one player does not make a team.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:09 AM

10 posts, read 35,175 times
I'm from China (so please tolerate my typo and grammar) and personally I have real doubt as to Lin's talent. Acquiring Lin seems to me to be a bussiness choice rather than sports choice. As I know, the local Chinese community are purchasing the TC ticket like crazy. And a lot of bussinessman and travelers from China, including very high level government delegations are planning to change their route in the US to include a trip to Houston, most importantly to TC. Houston's publicity in China, a big NBA market will be boosted once again after Yao(really, before Yao, no Chinese knows Htown). Now, like me, a lot of Chinese fans are already emotionally tied to Rockets even after Yao's absence. So economically, I think it will benefit Rockets even the City.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:01 AM

18,051 posts, read 25,118,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_bridge View Post
I'm from China (so please tolerate my typo and grammar) and personally I have real doubt as to Lin's talent. Acquiring Lin seems to me to be a bussiness choice rather than sports choice. As I know, the local Chinese community are purchasing the TC ticket like crazy. And a lot of bussinessman and travelers from China, including very high level government delegations are planning to change their route in the US to include a trip to Houston, most importantly to TC. Houston's publicity in China, a big NBA market will be boosted once again after Yao(really, before Yao, no Chinese knows Htown). Now, like me, a lot of Chinese fans are already emotionally tied to Rockets even after Yao's absence. So economically, I think it will benefit Rockets even the City.
So what do you think about Lin's performance as a point guard in New York.
Because the Rockets seemed to be playing without a point guard all year long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: