Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:59 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,854,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
IF this keeps the rump rangers out of chic fil a, Im okay with shorter lines
Why would you even say this? When did it become ok for us to treat each other this way?

Old 07-27-2012, 04:06 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,326,441 times
Thanks for bringing this up... reminded me how good their chicken sandwiches are. Going to get me some dinner right now!

Old 07-27-2012, 04:28 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,911,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4ric View Post
Im wondering what car you drive ? if the owners/board of your car, would do the same thing, would you sell your car ?
Likely not, but I certainly wouldn't buy another one.

Quote:
What if the owner of the company that you work for, came out and said the same thing ? would you quit working there ?
This is an entirely different comparison. Whether one would/could quit their job depends primarily on other factors than their boss' idiotic views. I'm sure there are plenty of unhappy workers who can't quit on principle, with children to feed and bills to pay. The owners/bosses enjoy a much more powerful position and not just by having (oodles and oodles) more money.

Quote:
Those that say, I will not eat there, cause the owner is against this or that, is just plain silly.
Why is it silly? It is, ultimately, MY money going to advocate the very views I don't want to espouse. Like I said, if the owner is a religious nut I couldn't care less as long as he keeps it to himself. But if he uses corporate profits to push and fund his personal agenda I say no thank you and buy crappy chicken elsewhere.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:29 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,774,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Looks like God is not on Chick-fil-a's side

Chick-fil-A’s Vice President of Public Relations Dies of Heart Attack - July 27th, 2012
Wow!

Old 07-27-2012, 05:06 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,146,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Looks like God is not on Chick-fil-a's side

Chick-fil-A’s Vice President of Public Relations Dies of Heart Attack - July 27th, 2012
Let's be honest...

If anyone deserved it, he probably did.

He wasn't doing either side a real favor.

And Chik-fil-A continues their poor attempt at a cover-up.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:10 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,854,658 times
I was pretty sad yesterday reading through the posts on here yesterday but was encouraged today after reading this article:

Amazon CEO gives $2.5M for Wash. gay marriage law - Houston Chronicle

Old 07-27-2012, 05:43 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,960,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I was pretty sad yesterday reading through the posts on here yesterday but was encouraged today after reading this article:

Amazon CEO gives $2.5M for Wash. gay marriage law - Houston Chronicle
And people give libertarians a bad name.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:48 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgmike View Post
I heard a guy say this all come about because a CFA granchisee wanted a zoning variance in Chicago. Supposedly, it wasnt going to happen anyways, but the area politicians started throwing it around as a big win against the religious right when it was all about zoning.

So, a zoning ordinance not being changed-->hey, lets spin this into an idealogical thing--->people of tolerance" THEY HATE THE GHEY!!!---> News story, tada!
They wanted a drive through on a congested street that is a designated bike route. Variance was denied on that basis. Bike routes and drive thrus do not mix well.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Im wondering what car you drive ? if the owners/board of your car, would do the same thing, would you sell your car ?

What if the owner of the company that you work for, came out and said the same thing ? would you quit working there ?

Those that say, I will not eat there, cause the owner is against this or that, is just plain silly.
Not silly, exercising there own right to protest the business. It's not about what he says, btw, but about the fact that he donates to anti-gay organizations *and* that he does discriminate (not necessarily openly). He will not give anyone who disagrees with his views a franchise (and he denied a franchise to a Muslim after that Muslim would not participate in the corporate prayer breakfast.

The latest lawsuit is for gender discriminination

Brenda Honeycutt, Former Chick-Fil-A Employee, Sues Restaurant Over Gender Discrimination

Chick-Fil-A Faced 12 Employment Discrimination Suits Since 1988 « Alan Colmes' Liberaland

Quote:
“Aziz Latif, a former Chick-fil-A restaurant manager in Houston [who] sued the company in 2002 after Latif, a Muslim, says he was fired a day after he didn’t participate in a group prayer to Jesus Christ at a company training program in 2000. The suit was settled on undisclosed terms.”

”Company meetings and retreats include prayers, and the company encourages franchisees to market their restaurants through church groups. Howe Rice, a franchisee in Glen Allen, Va., hosts a Bible study group in one of his two Chick-fil-A restaurants every Tuesday.”

Old 07-27-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texascrude View Post
Thanks for bringing this up... reminded me how good their chicken sandwiches are. Going to get me some dinner right now!
Actually, there chicken sandwiches are just average. They do have good service though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston