Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 06:54 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,977,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Actually, both sides are doing the same thing.

I've always known about Chick-Fil-A and have gone there to support them.
I don't need Huckabbe to tell me to go on Aug. 1st to stand in line for 2 hours to buy lunch to show that I support Chick-Fil-A.

I still find this Houston's restaurant response pretty funny.
Exactly.

Besides, nothing will ever really stop CFA's business.

Name a time where you've passed by one and the drive thru line wasn't wrapped completely around with people taking orders 6 cars from the order box and in the lobby wasn't full.

People like the food and the service can't be beat. I don't know what they give those folks but they sure are some happy go lucky people if it keeps giving me great service I'll never stop going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 07:03 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,123,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Krinkle View Post
My point is you are being a jackass by calling someone a loser reality show chef just because you don't frequent their restaurant - which you have never tried. Asking you to googling her was not just about the restaurant, but because she is gay (hence the menu at Beavers).

I'm a huge fan of small joints from La Guadalupana in Montrose, to taco trucks, many places on Harwin, Vietnamese in Midtown, to Thai food at Asian Market.

And yes I do like places like Latin Bites, Oxheart, Uchi, and Da Marco at times, but I'm far from a fat suburban food snob. I'm just not "too cool" to say that I won't eat at Pondicheri or Hugos becuase they are popular.
Anybody who goes on a reality show is a loser. Why would you think I would care if she's gay? I'm still not going to eat at her overrated spot. Hugo's? Really? Another overrated resturant. Dude stop being clown and a troll, I don't care how cool you think you are because you eat at gay resturants .

Old 08-07-2012, 07:13 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,836,530 times
I kinda like this response

Randy Rainbow Works at Chick-fil-A - YouTube

Old 08-07-2012, 07:16 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,792,358 times
Just give me my sandwich - I don't want to hear anymore.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:25 PM

578 posts, read 1,090,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Bet the chicken sandwich smells like fish. Sorry, couldnt help myself there.

Fyi, lynchburg lemonade has alcohol in it so the price point makes sense.
Well then.. It's cheep then 🐤

Old 08-07-2012, 08:11 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,034,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I'm just saying, some of the fancy places people are not that impresive to me. Went to vargo's for valentines about seven years ago, NOT impressed. I went Brennan's during Houston restaurants week last year,I thought it was overrated, it was Ok. I like benjis on washington. I also tried America's in in river oaks shopping center, that was damn good. I love meat, so that was right up my ally. Speaking of which, Houston resturant weeks starts this month, and I'm hoping to try some new places.
those are all horrible restaurants. imo the brennan and americas chains are only popular because of the family business aspect and relevance to houston. they aren't spoken of or treated as being near the top of restaurants in this city. Uchi, Feast, Philippe, Underbelly etc go there if they do food week. Benjis is just for the Rice Village/Washington trend crowd

my favorite restaurant for the year thus far has been Uchi

Old 08-07-2012, 09:07 PM

125 posts, read 203,435 times
Well I've actually eaten the sandwich in question at Beaver's. It was pretty good, though the chicken breasts were rather thin. Nice honey mustard sauce. The tolerant fries, although tasty and tolerant, could have been crispier. You'd be better off with Beaver's awesome BBQ beef sandwich, which is served with their incredible homemade chips and cole slaw. And don't forget a side of their to die for mac and cheese.

All in all, Chick Fil A makes a better sandwich. But they're not getting any of my money. Dan Cathy has every right to say whatever idiotic thing he wants, but he pours lots of money into organizations that discriminate against gay people, and none of my money is going to them.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:14 PM

61,428 posts, read 86,506,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
This is the funniest thing I've seen

BTW, It'd be nice to know what happened to the blog post in the Houston Chronicle
Chick-fil-a-flap inspires chick-on-chick sandwich in houston - Houston Chronicle

Restaurant offering hot 'Chick on Chick Filet' sandwich - KIAH

The way I read this board is" TWO chicken breasts MARRIED on toasty BUNS JOINED in celebration..." makes me think that you get TWO sandwiches, for you and your partner... no?

Old 08-07-2012, 09:34 PM

125 posts, read 203,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
The way I read this board is" TWO chicken breasts MARRIED on toasty BUNS JOINED in celebration..." makes me think that you get TWO sandwiches, for you and your partner... no?
No it's one sandwich, two chicken breasts married together on the two halves of a single bun. A good sandwich, but not a great one. Chicken breasts a bit thin.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:36 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,148,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Anybody who goes on a reality show is a loser. Why would you think I would care if she's gay? I'm still not going to eat at her overrated spot. Hugo's? Really? Another overrated resturant. Dude stop being clown and a troll, I don't care how cool you think you are because you eat at gay resturants .
I didn't think you cared if she is gay or not, I just pointed out that may be the reason that particular item was on the menu at Beavers. I don't eat at places just because a certain resturant has a certain gayness to it...although Baby Barnany's does have a decent brunch.

Either you have no taste buds, or your just an idiot. Hugo's is another James Beard Award semifinalist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston