Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 11:33 AM

1,461 posts, read 5,575,516 times

Advertisements

All three communities are nice, but Cinco Ranch is building out its last section. I like Firethorne for the simple fact that the community is in its own little area and the residents are very friendly. I have friends and clients who live in all 5 of these communities. Have you looked into Town Lake or Cypress Creek Lakes? Also your drive from Bridgeland down fry road towards Barker Cypress wont be bad at all. What time will you be leaving for work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 11:54 AM

41 posts, read 124,698 times
I have looked at Town Lake, but not Cypress Creek Lakes. The only downside to Townlake in my opinion is being right beside the college. I usually leave the house around 5:30am so i'm not worried about morning traffic, but do leave work around 5pm.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:58 AM

Another thing that is concerning is "Drill Sites"....Is this something to be worried about?

Old 08-07-2012, 12:31 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,575,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1320 View Post
I have looked at Town Lake, but not Cypress Creek Lakes. The only downside to Townlake in my opinion is being right beside the college. I usually leave the house around 5:30am so i'm not worried about morning traffic, but do leave work around 5pm.
Leaving at 5:30 am shouldn't be an issue. Also you do have Cy Ranch High School just outside of Bridgeland. The area that does get back up is right at 290 and Fry Rd just before you go under 290.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:27 PM

73 posts, read 158,083 times
jb1320,
Taxes are high in Bridgeland. I heard it was because of all the flood control measures they have performed in the area. I will say they have worked very well. We just had a 100 year flood and Bridgeland did not have ANY flooding. All the neighborhoods around Bridgeland can not say they did not have high water or minor flooding. Even Tuckerton at Barker Cypress in Towne Lake was completely impassable. Don't know if any water got up into Towne Lake though.

The Woodlands and Cinco Ranch both have drill sites as well. Most large plots of land around this area of the country have drill sites. Just an FYI.

As for 290 and traffic. I work in the Galleria area. Just yesterday it took me 55 minutes to drive out of the office and up in my parking lot at my house in Bridgeland. I went up I-10 to Beltway 8, then took 290 to Spring Cypress. 55 minutes. I'm used to an hour commute, so to me it is perfectly normal. I guarantee you that the commute to Cinco Ranch would not be much shorter. You MAY shave off 5 minutes. How do I know? Because I used to drive that commute daily for 10 years!

Old 08-07-2012, 03:00 PM

I'm not real concerned about my commute. Worst case scenario is probably 30-35min from my office to Bridgeland or Cinco. As I mentioned in my previous post I work off I-10 and Barker Cypress.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:01 PM

Shr1ke,

Any difference in the different subdivisions within Bridgeland (bend, cove, shores, etc)?

Old 08-07-2012, 03:23 PM

73 posts, read 158,083 times
Quote:
Shr1ke,

Any difference in the different subdivisions within Bridgeland (bend, cove, shores, etc)?
No, they are setup just like Cinco Ranch and the Woodlands. The different suddivisions are based upon price. You can see the price break down via this Bridgeland map.

Bridgeland Maps

They are opening a completely new section, most likely this fall.

The front section, up towards Fry road, seems to have some really nice lakes around it, and the greenbelts are more established. Towards the back part, Water Haven, it is all brand new. Trees are smaller, but will grow, and not as much water around the homes. They are adding new greenbelts around the lakes towards the back, plus new bike trails and new landscaping is coming in weekly! Also in Water Haven is a huge new splash park for younger kids. It is being built as I type and looks really slick!

The current entrance to Bridgleand is basically off of Fry road, but as time moves on, the main entrance will be at the junction of where Brigeland touches 99. So the sections towards Fry will slowly become the back of the neighborhood. Just my 2 cents. I could be wrong. I do feel that entrance off of 99 will become the main entrance. That is where they will be building the large town center and they have some pretty large lakes up that way. It will be gorgeous once they finish it off. Hope that gives you a little insight into Bridgeland. I'm just speaking out loud BTW. It is all based off some of the research I have done on the area.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:36 PM

131 posts, read 534,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
All three communities are nice, but Cinco Ranch is building out its last section. I like Firethorne for the simple fact that the community is in its own little area and the residents are very friendly. I have friends and clients who live in all 5 of these communities. Have you looked into Town Lake or Cypress Creek Lakes? Also your drive from Bridgeland down fry road towards Barker Cypress wont be bad at all. What time will you be leaving for work?
Cinco Ranch still has a NW section to build in. It's up 1463, not far from Firethorne.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:14 AM

77 posts, read 113,706 times
Quote:
Another thing that is concerning is "Drill Sites"....Is this something to be worried about?
Did you ever get any information about those drill sites? No one addressed it on this thread after you asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston