Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,516 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I'm in a bit of a quandry, and I hope some (many? ) of you can help. It looks likely that I'll be getting a job in Sugar Land in about a month, which means relocating. The big problem is that I'm moving from Florida, and will likely have little time to find an new home, and am unfamiliar with the area.

I've looked through the previous threads on Sugar Land, and it looks like I may want to live outside (due to housing cost, I cried after looking on har.com), but I'm not sure! I'm looking for advise, and recommendations, if anyone has them. I have no children (no worries about school districts), no pets (though maybe..), and I want to spend about $700/month (less is better!) on housing. If I have to commute from another area, I'm ok with that, obviously I'd prefer not to (I currently have a 45min commute, oh yay).
I am at your mercy for assistance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,516 times
Default Maybe Stafford?

Well, ok, I've done some more research, and it looks like Stafford would be more within my price range, but yet still closely located to Sugar Land. Does anyone have any suggestions as to areas that I should or should not stay away from in Stafford?

I just don't want to end up in an area that I feel completely uncomfortable living in, even if it is only a 6month lease. Going off of Apartmentratings.com can be a dicey game as most people only feel compelled to leave ratings on negative experiences.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:13 PM

4 posts, read 6,383 times
I am in same situation as you. Just I am looking to rent something in Westchase area. Good luck.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:44 AM

222 posts, read 416,829 times
Hi,
I was in a similar situation as yours. I have now signed a lease in an apartment complex in Sugar Land. According to my research too, Stafford seems to be the cheaper option. Just make sure the apartment you do end up taking is in a relatively safer neighborhood by looking on houstoncrimemaps.com. Reviews on apartmentratings can be tricky, as you noted. So visit the apartments and make a decision for yourself. One advice I have found is stay away from Alief !

Old 08-27-2012, 04:06 PM

82 posts, read 255,380 times
There are few apartments around Lexington and Hwy 6 in Sugar Land. Great area to live in with all the shops and Town Center next door.

There are very decent and relatively newer apartments in Stafford at Brand Lane and Dulles Ave near Ave E .

6 miles further South on Hwy 6, Sienna Plantation has apartments too.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,108,291 times
The apartment complex at Sienna Plantation, as of a couple of years ago, were $1400/month for a 1 bdrm apt. I don't know what their monthly rate is now but I don't think it will be in the $700/month range. Most of the apartments I checked out a couple of years ago in the Stafford area which one would deem "nicer" were all in the $1300 and up range for a 1-bedroom.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:46 AM

561 posts, read 970,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
The apartment complex at Sienna Plantation, as of a couple of years ago, were $1400/month for a 1 bdrm apt. I don't know what their monthly rate is now but I don't think it will be in the $700/month range. Most of the apartments I checked out a couple of years ago in the Stafford area which one would deem "nicer" were all in the $1300 and up range for a 1-bedroom.
Really? Who would pay 1400/month for a 1 bedroom apartment in Sienna Plantation?

You could find an apartment in the Galleria or Midtown for that kind of money...

Old 09-02-2012, 11:08 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,108,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OducksFTW! View Post
Really? Who would pay 1400/month for a 1 bedroom apartment in Sienna Plantation?

You could find an apartment in the Galleria or Midtown for that kind of money...
LOL - not us. We ended up renting a house in Sienna which is 2x the sq footage and less rent than the apartment. Plus, we got to keep the house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston