U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-24-2012, 03:22 PM

53 posts, read 43,396 times
Default Gated Community in Trophy Club, Spring 77069

There is a gated community in the Trophy Club Area calls Old Bridge Lake. It is right next to Huntwick. Does anyone have any information about that? I know the gate is unmanned, and Wunderlich Dr. has its share of problems, and there are a couple of cheap apartment complexes across from Old Bridge Lake subdivision. But surprisingly, there is no reported problem within the gated community when I check it in the various crime reports sites. The houses in the community are really cheap, and is zoned to Klein School District. (Maybe for a reason.) Thanks for the help.

Last edited by bondi88; 09-24-2012 at 03:49 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 03:26 PM

108 posts, read 172,189 times
Unless I'm really off here, Trophy club is a suburb of DFW. (This is the Houston section)

Old 09-24-2012, 03:29 PM

It is not the suburb of Dallas. It is North of FM 1960 on Wunderlich Dr. Just east of Champion Forest Drive and Huntwick. It shares the same 77069 zip code.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:31 PM

3,334 posts, read 4,483,678 times
Well, there is a Trophy Club Area up near Champions Forest. I know that area, but know nothing about the apartment complex. It's off Wunderlich, but I haven't lived up there since 1997. It's East of Champion Forest Drive and north of 1960.

I know that doesn't help much, but that's all I know.

As a side note, if you say "Trophy Club" and "Houston" in the same sentence, most folks will think of the tittie bar with the same name.

Ronnie

Old 09-24-2012, 03:52 PM

148 posts, read 161,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13 View Post
Unless I'm really off here, Trophy club is a suburb of DFW. (This is the Houston section)
I thought the same thing since I'm from Dallas but I just googled Old Bridge Lake and it is right next to a Trophy Club here in Houston. Never heard of it.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:36 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,991,252 times
Those gates are unmanned, but you have to call to get in.

There is a lot of foot traffic on Wunderlich due to the apartments. I live 3 blocks down, off Strack. There is no more nor less crime here than anywhere else. Trophy Club has been there a long time. Some need updating. Those for sale are probably seniors moving to newer, or to the home.

Same problem selling as the rest of Klein ISD between 1960 and the Creek. Most of us are zoned to Klein Forest. Those kids could score 100% on test, but the 65% economically disadvantaged causes sellers a problem. We have to give the houses away.

If you have seen my other posts or rants, you know it is a good place to live.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:30 PM

crone
You have always been very helpful. I like the idea of a gated community, even when it is unmanned. It does have the drawback that someone may follow you in in the car behind. But the checking of crime report did not show there had been problem within the gated area even though there are all these low rent apartment complexes around.

You are right, the house prices, like those in Ponderosa Forest, are almost rock bottom. But that will mean that you have not much more to lose. You have to live somewhere, and a semi decent 2 or 3 bedroom apartment or house will cost you 1300 to 1500 a month. If you live in a place there for 10 years, the amount you saved in rent will more than offset what you may lose in the house. And it is unlikely that a very nice house in Ponderosa Forest now selling at 120k, down from 180k , will ever go to nothing. So as long as the neighborhood is safe, it may be fine. I may not make anything, but that is not necessarily in why I am buying a house.

I have not ever been to Houston, but when I lived in NYC, I used the public transit system a lot. The attraction of living near FM1960 is that you may sometime take the city bus to go into Houston. Or am I wrong, and that public transportation in Houston is a strictly "Do Not Use" nightmare.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:26 AM

285 posts, read 331,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondi88 View Post
I have not ever been to Houston, but when I lived in NYC, I used the public transit system a lot. The attraction of living near FM1960 is that you may sometime take the city bus to go into Houston. Or am I wrong, and that public transportation in Houston is a strictly "Do Not Use" nightmare.
From FM1960 to Houston on a public bus, it may take days (exaggerating), no but it will take time to get to Houston. You probaly have to do a lot of transfers to get to Houston. Public transportation outside the Beltway isn't well traveled, only a commute bus would be advisable. NYC has the best public transportation in the world, if you come to Houston, you will see a big difference. Houston is not a walking city.

Speaking of Trophy Club around FM1960. The area around there has been runned down which saddens me because when I young, I always love going around FM1960. A lot of business have fled, the few that remains are not corporate type stores. It is still a good place, but I miss going to Target, Office Depot, Old Navy to Blockbuster, or to gym. All that has changed to Dollar-type stores and fast food restaurants. I can't speak for housing since I don't live there, but it is not growing there for sure.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:45 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,991,252 times
Bloodwings, come on out. You may be surprised. Target did move to a bigger store down at 1960 and Cutten. Sketcher's shoes just open at Wunderlich where the gym was. A very nice Dollar store opened when DSW moved to Willowbrook. Champions Village is still as good as ever. I was sad when Rice closed, but up popped a Container Store in the Rice spot. Office Depot is still there as is a Staples where the old Target was. There is a Gap next to the Container Store. Didn't Blockbuster go the way of whale oil when we got Netflix and instant movies? There is a Blockbuster at Cypresswood and Champion Forest.

I'm hearing through the grapevine that somebody is building a bunch of $300,00 houses between Wunderlich and Stuebner Airline, kinda behind that newish gated subdivision on Wunderlich. Also tucked in at Wunderlich and Mittlestadt is a brand new townhouse community.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:31 AM

81 posts, read 90,675 times
My grandparents owned a few homes in Old Bridge lake about twenty years ago when the 1960 area was very nice. They are almost all patio homes. I remember there is a lake with tennis courts and a pool. Half the lake had houses on it if I remember correctly. There were little streets off of the main circle which went around the lake. The neighborhood was kept very nicely.

I think what has kept the area nice, is yes, it is gated. But that it is a very very small community. There is a paralegal from my old firm that moved in about 8 years ago with her husband (they have no kids) and loves it still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston