U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 06:11 PM

413 posts, read 1,016,345 times

Advertisements

hello y'all,

I bought a brand new house a few months ago that came with in-wall pest control tubing. The builder suggested "On Duty" as they have a contract with them but they are too darn expensive.

Are there any reasonably priced companies that offer in-wall pest control? Thanks as always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 04:57 AM

475 posts, read 1,444,464 times
If you find one, let me know. The only one I can find is HomeTeam, and there prices are steadily increasing.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:34 AM

488 posts, read 1,201,789 times
We use Hometeam. Happy with the service although yes prices are creeping up. They come out in between visits for any problems at no cost (we have had ants in the house twice). The inject the tubes, spray round the exterior and will spray interior if you want/need them to.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 AM

413 posts, read 1,016,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz View Post
We use Hometeam. Happy with the service although yes prices are creeping up. They come out in between visits for any problems at no cost (we have had ants in the house twice). The inject the tubes, spray round the exterior and will spray interior if you want/need them to.
How much does hometeam charge...their reviews on yelp.com seem to be really really bad.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:13 PM

142 posts, read 343,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggy_mba View Post
How much does hometeam charge...their reviews on yelp.com seem to be really really bad.
I've been using Hometeam to service my in-wall pest control tubes for over a year now and have been really happy with them. I never have bugs inside my home, except for the occasional fly or mosquito that flies through an open door or window.

I have never met the technician. They always perform the service while I am away at work.
One time I left a note for them that I was getting quite a few bugs into my garage through small gaps near the garage door. When I came home, they had filled the gaps with spray foam and left me some sticky bug traps to put right inside the garage to catch anything that might still get through. Now, they leave 2 new traps every time they come without me having to ask. It is expensive though. They figure the price based on the square footage of your home. Mine is around $100 every 4 months.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggy_mba View Post
The last bill was just under $100. I had signed up for a year at one point which lowered the bill and I keep meaning to call them to see if I can do that again. I think it was around $68 at that point. The guy who does our route is really friendly and informative.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:38 PM

1,649 posts, read 3,156,140 times
I'm not sold on the whole in wall thing. I still think that you need to spray inside for the best protection from pests.
And it may just be sales tactics by other pest control companies, but I've been told the tubes clog over time... which wouldn't surprise me.
Not sure what I'm going to do once my hometeam contract is up. We paid for the year.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:04 PM

377 posts, read 1,212,110 times
Well...they spray and no one knows whether it reached it was supposed to reach. As long as you dont see any bugs you feel everything is good. May be, it is. May be not.

I've this tubing and HomeTeam tried everything to sell their service to me.. But I'm not sold. I do not see anyissues so far for 3 years. I do an inside and ouside DIY pest control every 6 months using Talstar link (Disclaimer: I do not have ANY thing to do with them except that I use their product. I got that idea from someone right here in city-data).

So far...it appears doing good. Only time will tell whether its good move or not.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM
cla

898 posts, read 2,951,131 times
I took a lot of pictures when my house was being built. After the house was plumbed and wired and before the sheetrock and insulation went in, I worked my way around every room and every wall, taking photos for future reference - so I would know where everything was. After a couple of years I was going through those photos when I noticed some tubing that was only in two locations - in the lower walls behind my master bath and guest bath sinks. I soon realized that was the in-the-wall-tubing. So it really was just tubing-in-two-plumbing-walls.

BTW, I signed a contract to have the tubing serviced for the first year. I dropped it after that and figured I'd get a traditional pest control company out if I noticed an increase in bugs. Nothing ever changed. The occasional spider and occasional ant problem - but it was no worse than when the house was being treated.

Last edited by cla; 12-05-2012 at 06:06 PM..

Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cla View Post
I took a lot of pictures when my house was being built. After the house was plumbed and wired and before the sheetrock and insulation went in, I worked my way around every room and every wall, taking photos for future reference - so I would know where everything was. After a couple of years I was going through those photos when I noticed some tubing that was only in two locations - in the lower walls behind my master bath and guest bath sinks. I soon realized that was the in-the-wall-tubing. So it really was just tubing-in-two-plumbing-walls.

BTW, I signed a contract to have the tubing serviced for the first year. I dropped it after that and figured I'd get a traditional pest control company out if I noticed an increase in bugs. Nothing ever changed. The occasional spider and occasional ant problem - but it was no worse than when the house was being treated.
Haha my hubby did the same same thing (with the photos) when we were building. I thought he was mad but it's amazing in a few short years how handy those photos have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston