Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 11:05 PM

8 posts, read 46,095 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating to Houston from Atlanta, we are looking at various communities including fairfield (cypress) and kingslake (katy). I was wondering other than traffic what are the advantages and disadvantages of buying in Fairfield? Same for Kingslake in katy? Which one of these places would you purchase and why?

Thanks for all you help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 PM

94 posts, read 172,111 times
It depends where you work. Commuting is the key factor in your choice. Both are nice areas. I think Katy schools are a bit better but could be wrong.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 AM

73 posts, read 158,554 times
Depending on how long you plan to stay in Houston, then the Cypress area is very nice. 290 is being widened as we type, but will take awhile to be complete. (Thus my comment on living in Houston awhile). The 99 Loop will connect 290 to I-10 at the end of this year, right out by Fairfield. So you will be able to cut down 99 to I-10, if 290 backs up or has congestion. They claim it will take around 10 minutes to drive from 290 to I-10 on 99. This will also relieve congestion off of 290.

I moved into Bridgeland recently and have to say it is a great place to live. You might want to check it out as well. The Woodlands and Bridgeland are both owned by the same company. In fact, you might consider Bridgeland, the younger sibling to The Woodlands. You can see the difference in the way they have landscaped the Master Planned Community. Wide open spaces and no power lines though the neighborhood. All power lines are buried under ground. Really makes a difference to me. Bridgeland is just getting started, so you will see new home sales and new areas within Bridgeland for the next 20-30 years. Huge area to develop. If you have not checked it out yet, do so. It is not that far from Fairfield, in fact, it is closer in to town, (relatively speaking).

Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,115,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shr1ke View Post
Depending on how long you plan to stay in Houston, then the Cypress area is very nice. 290 is being widened as we type, but will take awhile to be complete. (Thus my comment on living in Houston awhile). The 99 Loop will connect 290 to I-10 at the end of this year, right out by Fairfield. So you will be able to cut down 99 to I-10, if 290 backs up or has congestion. They claim it will take around 10 minutes to drive from 290 to I-10 on 99. This will also relieve congestion off of 290.
Of course that will turn the I-10 into a parking lot so I wouldn't get my hopes up!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,576,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDFP View Post
Of course that will turn the I-10 into a parking lot so I wouldn't get my hopes up!
And how would you define I-10 now?

Old 01-03-2013, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,596 times
As a Realtor who sells and lives in Cypress, I'm partial to Cypress. Fairfield is great, very family friendly. People who move to Fairfield stay there, and people from Katy move to Fairfield. (Unless they are in the higher Cinco Ranch area). Both have good schools. Let me know, I could even send you listings for review. [email]Homes@GinnyTheRealtor.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston