Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 02:28 AM

4 posts, read 4,689 times

Advertisements

Anyone a member at a course or country club around Houston? I'm up to the point where I'm playing enough to justify a membership instead of paying per round. Interested in peoples opinions on their courses and memberships. I live in Eagle Springs on the North Side in Atascocita.

I've looked at Woodforest, it looks like their sign up is $1000 and then $300 a month. It looks like you have to pay half of the cart fee on top of that every time you go play based on their site which I'm not a fan of. If I pay a monthly fee I don't want to have to pay extra every time I play.

I've also looked at Kingwood Country Club. They don't list their prices online so I'm particularly interested in anyones input on this Club if someone is a member. It looks like it's roughly the same per month ($300) and they run specials quite frequently where the start up fee (I'm not sure what the start up fee is here) is waived (The KCC numbers are based on a thread on a random forum I was able to find, but the thread was a year old so not sure how accurate the numbers are). It looks like that $300 a month covers all expenses including full green and cart fee. You also get access to 72 holes at KCC vs. 27 holes at Woodforest.

I plan on looking in to more courses, I've just looked at these 2 so far. Any input on these 2 or others around Houston would be much appreciate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 07:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
They should have all the holes at The Golf Preserve Of Atascocita open soon. You might want to check to see if you like the course and if they are running any good deals trying to get membership up.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:52 PM

Good point, I played the 9 they currently have open and it was in good shape considering their timeline.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:44 PM

191 posts, read 350,798 times
My experience has been that almost all courses charge a cart fee on top of whatever green fees or club membership fee you pay. Once my kids get a little older we're planning to join one of the clubs in west Houston. One of the things I'll be looking for is a walker friendly course. The benefit is that you don't have to worry about cart fees and you get much more exercise playing.

The only other advice I'd give is to consider initiation fees negotiable. Many clubs are willing to discount those if they are looking to increase membership levels.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:39 AM

Yeah I've heard that most are definitely negotiable, at least the ones in my price range.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:11 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times
Is Walden a public course?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston