Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 05:57 PM

11 posts, read 19,877 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I have a hyundai suv which is very low mileage under 60k warranty. There is this bad smell coming from vents which is usually very prudent and raw in the morning and goes off only a bit by evening. I am felling very sick with the kind of the raw pungent smell and when I took it to dealer , he said spray lysol in air vents outside and keep changing modes of air circulations inside the car. I did that , but it proved out to be a temporary patch only and bad smell came back next day. I left with no other options only to fall sick and regret about my purchase of this stupid suv.

If anybody had faced this issue , I would really appreciate any inputs. Any good lawyers you know or any kind of fix you did for this issue please let me know.

Thank you and have a nice week end
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 06:02 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,791,723 times
Take it to a shop and they can fix it. There is a spray that they put through the system and cleans it all out, permanently. Don't panic mate, just educate yourself. Google is your friend

Old 02-15-2013, 06:12 PM

ethanw,
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. I tried Lysol natural air spray, it didn't really worked out. I saw some other sprays also that deeply penetrate and if I do some drilling into my condenser unit I am worried my warranty will go off. I am kind of new to town, any good mechanic shops you recommend greatly helps me.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:25 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,791,723 times
What car model and brand is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike9099 View Post
ethanw,
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. I tried Lysol natural air spray, it didn't really worked out. I saw some other sprays also that deeply penetrate and if I do some drilling into my condenser unit I am worried my warranty will go off. I am kind of new to town, any good mechanic shops you recommend greatly helps me.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:46 AM

126 posts, read 240,512 times
It's a common thing in this climate. The ac condensate drain line might have a blockage preventing water from draining fast enough.

I have had the ac system cleaned and deodorized using the BG system. It makes a big difference.

Go to www.bgfindashop.com and see what service center is closest to you.

It's not something you can do yourself because you usually take apart the evap case to clean it.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:27 AM

196 posts, read 419,753 times
Sounds like the dealer is inept. Try calling a few dealers to get advice. You could even ask to speak with the head shop tech.

Has anyone pulled the cabin filter to replace and inspect the filter housing?

This can be fixed, but could be costly depending how bad it is. Might want to consider trading it in.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:58 AM

126 posts, read 240,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Further View Post
This can be fixed, but could be costly depending how bad it is. Might want to consider trading it in.
That is silly. Trade it in when it just likely needs the ducts cleaned and ac drain cleaned out?

It's a simple fix and a normal issue in the Houston area. Any decent shop can do it.

Trade it in? Ha!

If you car is out of warranty, no need to take it to the dealer and get hosed on their parts and labor rates. Check with my link above or aaa to find a decent shop.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:37 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,073,762 times
Mike9099, just out of curiosity - when did you purchase the vehicle?

Old 02-16-2013, 08:00 PM

thanks all for the suggestions. I try to call multiple dealers and try to take locate my nearest bg mechanics. Hopefully it seems now I can resolve this issue, Again appreciate all your comments and suggestions. Lilly I bought this vehicle one month back as a used vehicle.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:44 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,172,989 times
Mikey:

Check to see if your car has a "cabin filter". Some folks have them and don't even realize it. If it has one, replace it. I do know that the Hyundai Santa Fe has one located behind the glove box. It's easy to replace. See this link:

Hyundai Santa Fe HVAC Cabin Air Filter Element Cleaning or Replacement Guide - 2007 To 2012 Model Years - Picture Illustrated Automotive Maintenance Instructions

Ronnie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston