Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 02:31 PM

29 posts, read 106,336 times

Advertisements

any insights on this home and neighborhood? is it a low crime area? Thanks much

47 Lost Oak, Missouri City, TX 77459 - Zillow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 02:37 PM

7 posts, read 11,990 times
The neighborhood is beautiful looking. You can lookup crime on this site. I live in Missouri City, First Colony area, which is really nice!

Old 03-10-2013, 02:55 PM

469 posts, read 1,100,889 times
That looks like th new section of Sienna. Crime is not a problem in this area. The community is great with a non intrusive HOA. They are about 100 yards from connecting the rods between the new section and the older section which will make this area very convinent. You don't have the added drive time of the people in the back of the community but you can easily get back there when you need to.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
Just so you know, the picture on the listing is of the Sienna Plantation Golf Club Clubhouse.

The area for the listing is nice, and new. Also not on most map sites, which is the reason for the wonky result. Crime is a non-issue and the neighbourhood is great.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:36 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,123,516 times
Like the others have said, that appears to be in the newest section of Sienna. In addition to being more convenient to Hwy 6, that newest section has not been denuded of trees so it's quite pretty. Knocking on wood since I live here, Sienna is a very low crime area with an active community and new retail popping up all the time. If you have children, it's a very family-oriented MPC.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:33 AM

5 posts, read 9,574 times
Can you help me on the school choices in Sienna? Is Sienna just one neighborhood, or are there several within Sienna? I'm looking a that area, with a commute to the Greenway Plaza, any input appreciated.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:38 AM

469 posts, read 1,100,889 times
There are different villages of Sienna and each village has subdivisions. The villages don't mean much other than each one has its own board members that we vote in.

There are three elementary schools in Sienna; Sienna Crossing, Scanlan Oaks, and Schiff. All three are good elementary schools by Houston standards. Schiff gets a bad rap sometimes and we were worried to send our daughter there but it has been great so far.

There is currently one middle school in Baines. It has a so so reputation and ranking. There is talk of the front section of Sienna going to a middle school outside of Sienna but parents have been fighting it.

There is one high school, Ridgepoint, that is only a few years old. It currently has all of Sienna's students. If this school fills up, I can see the front section going to Elkins once they connect Sienna and Riverstone. Elkins is a good school in the area.

I don't think you can not go wrong with any of the schools in Sienna. The only thing to worry about is if you live in the front area, you will have to worry about possibly going to a school outside of Sienna other than elementary.

I work downtown and it takes about 45-50 minutes to get there in the morning and 40-45 on the way home but I live in the front section so my drive time out of Sienna is less. I would think Greenway would be 30-35 minutes in the morning from the front if you take the toll way to 90 to post oak and add 10 minutes if you live in the back section.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:10 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
What Liljo said.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:31 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,123,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
What Liljo said.
Ditto. Except I believe some of the kids at the front of Sienna are already attending a MS closer to SL.

There are supposedly plans to build another MS near Ridgepoint but that all depends on future growth.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 AM

12 posts, read 26,172 times
The area (new sub-division) you are referring to is called Village of Bees Creek. It is zoned to Schiff ES (recognized), Banes MS (Acceptable), and Ridge Point (Acceptable).

The proposed extension of fort-bend (toll) parkway will go between this sub-division and Village of Anderson. Currently homes north of the proposed fort-bend toll extension are attending First Colony MS in Sugarland because of the over-crowding in Banes MS. All of these Sienna schools are relativity new, they have great facilities, they are struggling academically (growing pain!) but will get better with time because of parent involvements. Talking to a parent of two kids in Ridge Point, she was not happy with the fact that they are planning a technical academy in Ridge Point which she considered less important for Early Collage preparations than the other academies offered by other high schools in Fortbend, but that has not been made official yet and I am sure Sienna parents will have their input on that.

In General, talking to people who live in Sienna, they are happy about the atmosphere, the area is safe. I liked how green and walk-able the neighborhood is. I am actually considering the same area you are looking at. What worries me the most is Banes MS.

For more information about school zones in fortbend, look at:
Attendance Boundary Maps

For more information about Fortbend academies, look at: Academies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston