U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:42 PM

258 posts, read 668,747 times

Advertisements

Now your riled up and the juices are flowing its great to be alive isnt it!You should take a drive over and visit River oaks and drive go through the neighborhood its may the best trees and homes of any neighborhood in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 11:02 AM

564 posts, read 1,329,168 times
Dickinson seems to be slowly moving in the direction from small time, blue-collar 'burb to typical middle-class suburbia. It's up to city officials to determine how they're going to handle growth and the spill over from League City to the north.

You can say the same for Alvin, too.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:40 PM

7,732 posts, read 18,300,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbucle View Post
Now your riled up and the juices are flowing its great to be alive isnt it!You should take a drive over and visit River oaks and drive go through the neighborhood its may the best trees and homes of any neighborhood in Texas.

If passionately opinionated = ''riled up'' then count me in! My blood pressure is still 115/75!

I have a friend who lives in the Greenway apartments, but I've only seen pictures of River Oaks. Houses seemed similar to the $2M+ homes in Clear Lake. By that I mean excessive, but even bigger and fancier.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:34 PM

564 posts, read 1,329,168 times
I'm down to 126/78.

Zen...

Old 01-22-2008, 07:08 PM

10 posts, read 16,631 times
I live in League City and really like it. We've been here for 7 years now. I have also lived in Dickinson and Santa Fe. In the 20 years I've lived in this area, I believe League City is the better place to be (out of the three). If you have children or plan on it, then the schools here in Clear Creek ISD are also superior. Since your wife is a nurse, there is also UTMB in Galveston.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:20 PM

7,732 posts, read 18,300,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourjunebugs View Post
Since your wife is a nurse, there is also UTMB in Galveston.

Don't forget the Clear Lake Medical Center. 10 minutes away from some parts of League City.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:28 PM

10 posts, read 16,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Don't forget the Clear Lake Medical Center. 10 minutes away from some parts of League City.
very true! and i believe it is expanding.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:29 AM

1 posts, read 676 times
to tstone: I've lived in Dickinson 2 yrs now and honestly, it really depends. The town looks like it used to be a haven for problems in certain neighborhoods but has worked hard to improve, and actually has some nicer neighborhoods on the side closer to the Gulf freeway that are cheaper and w/out m.u.d. taxes than League City. I got a really nice 3000+sq ft home near the h.s. which use to be an executive's home, next to the Weeks' (electrical company) on 3/4 acre for only $145K! You'd never get that in League city.
Also, the schools (esp. the h.s.) have gotten better over the years I'm told and my son's gotten alot of help at the h.s. which I can't complain about. It's LaMarque you need to stay away from and parts of Tx City. That's the crime zone around here these days. The Dickinson police are always present
and the drug problem (mostly around Deats rd at Hwy 3 btw) is under control. I lived off Oak near Gill Road, and basically that whole area over there used to be NASA execs back in the day, so the homes are really nice and you can get into one over in Colonial Estates (for ex) for about $150K or less.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:04 PM

7 posts, read 4,769 times
Default Dickinson ,is a nice place to live..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
We are looking to purchase a home in Dickinson, but we live in Utah currently. It is hard to really get a feel for an area until you live there for a little while. I just don't want to buy in an area that looks good now, but changes once we move in! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!!!!!
Dickinson ,Is a pleasant place to live....You can't buy the whole neighborhood.What area are you looking at..I have lived her since 1978 ..It is friendly and growing...Small time charming.I walk my neighborhood I feel safe...I love the police dept and the local school are as good as any in Texas....It is a small and growing town...It has grown and improved allot with many improvement around town it is centrally located near and far away from everything you need it to be. What the taxes are normal and the price of homes are fair...I love Dickinson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston