Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 05:40 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,053,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
I actually use to do promotion for alot of indie shows in Houston and all through out Texas. I've been involved directly in the rap/hip-hop industry in Texas doing marketing and blogging writing little articles up on shows and artist and all that good stuff. I've rubbed shoulders with alot of these rappers in Houston not naming dropping but just stating. So my opinions come from a fan of hip-hop and also someone whose been closely involved in the behind the scenes of this industry. I would like to say me personally being a born and raised Texan I actually appreciate L.A./Long beach area rap/hip-hop scene and NYC hip-hop scene over Houston. I also know for a fact NYC appreciates hip-hop on awhole different level being that it is the birthplace and the mecca of hip-hop. I listen to mostly the golden era of hip-hop however on the indie level it's still some good hip-hop artist that are reminiscent of the golden era days. Actually modern hip-hop is going through a transition right now. Lame mainstream hasn't caught up quite yet but it's getting better.
Have you ever met Zro??? Truly an ******* by nature.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:41 PM

5,342 posts, read 3,827,377 times
Hey, BarcelonaFan, just a heads up that I'm pretty much stalking your threads, because they never fail to bring the entertainment.

Anyway, all the mentions of NYC rappers and no mention of the greatest of the lot (greatest of any lot, IMO)? If you want socially conscious...don't try playing this one at your average party...although, then again, it might be a worthwhile experiment to see how partygoers would react to a song like the following, to see if anyone actually pays attention to song lyrics, even lyrics like these that hit you over the head with their reminder of harsh reality:

The 3rd World - Immortal Technique (LYRICS) - YouTube

"I'm from where people pray to the gods of their conquerors and practically every president is a money launderer" is one of my all-time favorite lyrics in any song, any genre of music. But there are plenty plenty more where that came from (including the follow-up line, which is just about as good)

Old 05-21-2013, 10:48 AM

4,362 posts, read 4,556,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Hey, BarcelonaFan, just a heads up that I'm pretty much stalking your threads, because they never fail to bring the entertainment.

Anyway, all the mentions of NYC rappers and no mention of the greatest of the lot (greatest of any lot, IMO)? If you want socially conscious...don't try playing this one at your average party...although, then again, it might be a worthwhile experiment to see how partygoers would react to a song like the following, to see if anyone actually pays attention to song lyrics, even lyrics like these that hit you over the head with their reminder of harsh reality:

The 3rd World - Immortal Technique (LYRICS) - YouTube

"I'm from where people pray to the gods of their conquerors and practically every president is a money launderer" is one of my all-time favorite lyrics in any song, any genre of music. But there are plenty plenty more where that came from (including the follow-up line, which is just about as good)
Immortal Technique another gifted lyrical emcee with substance for the mind.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:35 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,697,083 times
Houston hip hop is cool but the last time Houston hip hop blew up was in "2005".

Since then, it hasn't reached that level of popularity and energy but there are still talented rappers here.

Yeah, Immortal Technique is one of the best.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:16 PM

4,362 posts, read 4,556,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Houston hip hop is cool but the last time Houston hip hop blew up was in "2005".

Since then, it hasn't reached that level of popularity and energy but there are still talented rappers here.

Yeah, Immortal Technique is one of the best.
Houston is still pretty popular. Alot of cities are biting Houston and are marketing the Houston sound and culture better then Houston on a major scale.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:42 AM

107 posts, read 160,691 times

Someone needs teach this dawg how to be more consistent with his fake black accent.
Is this the culture Houston is not ashamed of?

Old 06-15-2013, 11:57 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,861,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
More flavor for our soup.

Who do you think is Houston's biggest rap name? Would it be Z-Ro?
Scarface without a doubt.

He pioneered underground Houston Rap with the Geto Boys back in the 80's & is still making hits today.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:03 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,861,678 times
NYC & Cali are jocking Houston's style now. Took them long enough didn't it?

ASAP Rocky feat. Skrillex - Wild For The Night (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Old 06-16-2013, 06:19 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,134,123 times
Unless you mention SPM.

Ronnie

Old 01-23-2014, 01:09 PM

157 posts, read 323,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2BBS View Post

Someone needs teach this dawg how to be more consistent with his fake black accent.
Is this the culture Houston is not ashamed of?
LOL
I think I just lost a few brain cells watching this.
Sh*t and eat on these streets?
Clock on c*ck and c*ck on hard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston