Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:54 PM

18 posts, read 37,508 times

Advertisements

My wife and I (same-sex couple) are playing with the idea of starting our family soon. Yes, things are better these days for people who tend to be attracted to and fall in love with those of the same sex...but I'm a planner and I don't want to be worried or stressed any more than I'm already going to be during my wife's pregnancy and delivery. It's bad enough as it is, haha, she's moody without being pregnant!

Can anyone recommend a lesbian friendly ob/gyn, medical center/birthing center in or near Cypress? If not Cypress, than anywhere, we'll drive if we have too. I really want a warm/friendly/welcoming environment for my wife during this incredibly joyous, emotional and potentially stressful time!

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 09:01 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,146,753 times
http://drcowan.womanshealthgroup.com/physicians-staff/
http://www.lhihouston.org/

Last edited by theSUBlime; 05-16-2013 at 09:18 PM..

Old 05-17-2013, 03:35 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syoung1234 View Post
My wife and I (same-sex couple) are playing with the idea of starting our family soon. Yes, things are better these days for people who tend to be attracted to and fall in love with those of the same sex...but I'm a planner and I don't want to be worried or stressed any more than I'm already going to be during my wife's pregnancy and delivery. It's bad enough as it is, haha, she's moody without being pregnant!

Can anyone recommend a lesbian friendly ob/gyn, medical center/birthing center in or near Cypress? If not Cypress, than anywhere, we'll drive if we have too. I really want a warm/friendly/welcoming environment for my wife during this incredibly joyous, emotional and potentially stressful time!

Thank you!
What does this have to do with "lesbian friendly"?

Since she's already pregnant, it's a simple job. Any doctor can do this. The doctor dosen't have to like gays or whatever. A professional doctor can deliver excellent advice and care under any circumstances.
Choose one that's convenient for you. Not too far. You know how bad 290 is- especially now.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:40 AM

914 posts, read 1,832,630 times
Dr. Cowan has been my OB/GYN for over 20 years. She delivered my beautiful daughter. Although I am a straight, I know she is very open minded. She was on the board of Bering Omega for many years. She is a Democrat.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:25 AM

482 posts, read 874,756 times
I would think any great Doctor would put their personal opinions aside and do what is best for Mom and baby. You're talking about a life here, it's not like a mechanic.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
Loud and Proud, BaBy !

Im a lesbian and YOU'RE gonna Like IT !

thats what she means...

just pick a Dr. W/a good reputation. They dont care w/u did w/a turkey baster
Wow, that's kind of rude and hurt my feelings a little....I guess you wouldn't understand unless you've been made to feel uncomfortable/bad/sad about who you are.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKennedy View Post
Dr. Cowan has been my OB/GYN for over 20 years. She delivered my beautiful daughter. Although I am a straight, I know she is very open minded. She was on the board of Bering Omega for many years. She is a Democrat.
Thank you! We'll look into her!

Old 05-17-2013, 11:35 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syoung1234 View Post
Wow, that's kind of rude and hurt my feelings a little....I guess you wouldn't understand unless you've been made to feel uncomfortable/bad/sad about who you are.
Why do you think a doctor would do this? You're just pregnant. That would be unprofessional.

Maybe he feels sad because he can't have you...

Old 05-17-2013, 11:45 AM

1,416 posts, read 4,438,204 times
OP, don't mind the trolls...they get off on posting either inflammatory posts, or adding zero (less than zero if that's possible) help. They basically just mouth off online because it's anonymous so they can say things to people they wouldn't dare say to their face.

Lookup HGLP.org and sign up for their email distribution list...there are many GLBs in Houston who have walked this path, and they will be a great source of help to you.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:27 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKennedy View Post
Wow, I never thought to pick a physician based on their political affiliation. Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: