Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 11:51 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,661,551 times

Advertisements

We used to live in grand mission and my husband works in the galleria area. He used the Westpark Tollroad. Westheimer took forever and it wasn't worth it. He left early for work too. The tolls got to be expensive, but time was more important than money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 11:23 PM

189 posts, read 584,482 times
As mentioned, I live in Grand Mission and normally use Westpark toll way to go to work in Downtown Houston. I take the feeder road until after I pass FM1464, then jump on the toll road - I save $1 a day that way ($2 if you count coming back - same method.)

Old 02-21-2014, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 1,640 times
We are currently considering Lakemont, please if you have experience regarding this area, help shed more light on the community in terms of safety, resale value, demographics and whatever information maybe helpful in making the decision. We are trying to avoid the traffic in Katy.Thanks

Old 02-22-2014, 05:07 AM

587 posts, read 1,134,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ades6832 View Post
We are currently considering Lakemont, please if you have experience regarding this area, help shed more light on the community in terms of safety, resale value, demographics and whatever information maybe helpful in making the decision. We are trying to avoid the traffic in Katy.Thanks
Lakemont is a neighborhood, very quiet, good elementary school in McNeil and its in a good location. Id say its a pretty good mix of incomes, nationalities and demographics there. Crime is low and there are a number of police officers who live in the area and patrol the community.

You will not be able to avoid the "katy traffic" as Lakemont is across the Westpark tollway from Cinco Ranch, and you will catch both morning and evening traffic with those in Katy and Richmond. Additionally, most of the closest shopping options are either on Mason Rd, or at the Lakes of Bella Terra shopping center at Bellaire/Westpark toll and everyone in the area shops at those stores over there.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:54 AM

183 posts, read 380,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ades6832 View Post
I live in Lakemont Shores and am very happy with the area. It is almost completely built out with the remaining homes left selling between $290k - $375k. With all of the new commerical development in the area I would have to believe that home prices will keep going up and appreciate. When they finally connect Bellaire Blvd to Grand Pkwy, it will only take a couple minutes to reach shopping/food @ Bella Terra. Mason Rd will eventually connect south and run down to Waterside Est. There is easy acces to Grand Pkwy and Westpark TW. I-10 is roughly 8 minutes to get to.

Demographics are very mixed. I think there is an equal mix between white, black, hispanic, and asian. 2 of our children attend McNeill Elem. and we have been pleased with the school. The teachers do assign a good bit of homework. Usually our kids will have about an hour of homework each night. Mcneill rezoned last year and now only students who live in Lakemont attend there. Mcneill is one of the higher ranked elem school in the district.

Crime is very minimal in Lakemont. There are off duty police officers that patrol the neighborhood in unmarked vehicled. Recently there were a burglary in the front of Lakemont and 2-3 buglaries in Grand Mission, close to Grand Mission Blvd. There is no reason to feel unsafe in this area though. No community is immune to crime.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 1,640 times
Default Thank You

Thanks for your response, we have decided to settle for Lakemont, there is this peace of mind that comes with Lakemont, it has the community feel when you drive in compared to some other areas we have seen in Katy. The school ratings are great, they are not bad at all, the main driving force why we were considering Katy was because of the school.

The walking trails is another thing we love so much, people come out in the evening, they take walks, ride bikes and some sit by the lakes. It looks family oriented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston