Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 12:42 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,759,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Maybe he is, but I don't think outsiders who move to Texas realize that consumers have no protection in Texas. A lot of it is federal law and the average insurance agent, builder, seller etc. just assumes that most Texans are ignorant to federal law and will believe what they say.

So, I think the real moral of the story is new people, know what you are getting into when you move to Texas. Really, really do your homework, and when it comes to your protection be extremely knowledgeable about the law. I've been in many a situation over the years both in work and as a consumer where you can just see on the person's face that they are in shock that I know so much about my rights.

It's a very powerful weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 05:10 PM

246 posts, read 895,084 times
which community at Katy he is talking about? Cinco ranch? Who is the sale person?

Old 07-06-2013, 02:59 AM

243 posts, read 799,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjones View Post
Thanks everyone for responding and helpful advice.

People make their opinion about their builder from personal experience and live through it rest of their lives. My experience first hand is Perry's sales people are a bunch of ass**** who play to outsmart you at every step of the building process. It just won't stop after you ink the building contact. They constantly bomb you with words like - 'you are going to lose your earnest money', you are going to be charged a 'go back' at the drop of a hat. Very frustrating but got to live with it, similar like car sales.

However, one expects the builder to have some quality standards and checks/balances that they always talk about in their sales pitch. Perry would not commit to fix anything in writing on the issues in the walkthrough or step up to accept responsibility of their poor quality. If you ask them to share their inspection/quality check reports, they won't share it any cost. But they do force their buyers to close to buy an unfinished home. Ultimately it is all tactics but for most home buyers, this is the biggest purchase they make in their lives and there are money hogging traps every step of the way, with the sales people trying to outsmart. How difficult could it be for one to get that buyers have bought a finished home and it is the builders responsibility to deliver a 'complete' home.

Perry Homes' greed to make unreasonable profits without providing needed infrastructure and resources to support their speed of build, is resulting in compromise of quality big time and is at the cost of the builders image. Perry has always been known for good quality due to which buyers pay a premium to them. In fact that is all their sales people brag about in their entire sales pitch. Perry is headed for a showdown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
which community at Katy he is talking about? Cinco ranch? Who is the sale person?
who cares? OP, post up some of the things on your list. let us be the judge as to who is being fair. sounds like you are over the top if you ask me. i have completed jobs way bigger than a house with less items on a punch. if you want any credibility, you need to post up some of items on your list.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:08 PM

4 posts, read 12,141 times
Default Perry community in Katy

It is Cinco Ranch 60 and the sales person is John (Parvez) Mohammad
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post

Old 07-06-2013, 01:17 PM

4 posts, read 12,141 times
Default Get your experience

I am not looking for someone to be a judge here to look at my punch list and make a decision. There are legitimate issues that the builder staff has agreed that they are not normal/standard and need to be fixed. Those who do not believe it, have been given fair warning and you will learn from your experience. I would like to compare notes at that time.

My purpose here is to highlight the shoddy construction that is currently going on and the fact that the builders are just making fun of our rights as a consumer. Construction cannot be perfect and it is team work to get to where you want it to be, but asking customers to pay penalty for not closing, when their part of the contract being still incomplete, is not at all fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carryyourbooks View Post
who cares? OP, post up some of the things on your list. let us be the judge as to who is being fair. sounds like you are over the top if you ask me. i have completed jobs way bigger than a house with less items on a punch. if you want any credibility, you need to post up some of items on your list.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:33 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Lots of builder's employees post here, and sock puppets.

Check out HomeOwners for Better Building HOBB's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: