Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 11:30 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,792,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
While I understand your point nevertheless I would think that being an executive, especially the CEO, of one of the largest petroleum companies in the world would make one a real target for scorn & ridicule & contempt and perhaps even hatred in San Francisco. It is after all the TreeHugger capital of this country, maybe the whole world.
And I understand the attractions of the climate and the recreational activities and the overall culture of the Bay area, but if an Oil & Gas company insists on having its headquarters in California, Southern California would be closer to a hospitable environment than the Bay Area. For gods sake, the Bay Area is so far left they still harbor hostilities towards our military.
Everyone hates big petroleum companies. It doesn't matter if you live in San Fran or Oklahoma City. Big oil screws us all. You don't have to be a treehugger to feel that way.

I also think you over do it with the generalization that an oil CEO will miserable in San Fran. If the guy is rich he will be treated like royalty no matter where he lives and that includes San Fran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 01:39 PM

224 posts, read 525,335 times
What's happening to the San Ramon campus - after this big move how many employees will be left??

Old 07-04-2013, 02:24 PM

58 posts, read 186,108 times
Default Hi Bamba boy

It certainly sounds like you work for Chevron. How do
you like it there? I have an interview with them next
week. Any tips for an applicant or how they interview?

Thanks,
Fly dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamba_boy View Post
The description by the OP is not quite accurate that the complex will "house Chevron USA". The US (North American Operating Company) component is only part of the story there even now. The Africa-Latin America Op. Company is already HQ'd in downtown Houston in one of the former Enron Towers. Also, a major part of the Exploration and Technology Company that does upstream technical services and research work is working out of the two Enron Towers. Really only Bangkok for east Asia, Perth for the big Australian gas projects, and UK (London & Aberdeen) for Europe, western Asia, and Middle East are anywhere comparably significant. I'm pretty sure all of those and even the SF Bay area will end up with head counts way below Houston when this is built. There are already more than 9000 Houston area employees with most of those downtown.

Whether or not CVX is officially based or HQ'd in SF area, it has become truly a Houston firm. (albeit with a lot more poneytails and Democratic voters than at ExxonMobil or Anandarko, etc. :-) )

Old 07-04-2013, 02:26 PM

8,891 posts, read 19,889,370 times
I think that there are certain businesses and industries within Iur country that represent strength and power of our economy. Love them or hate them, I think oil and gas is one of these industries. I like to see them create an Identifiable presence as With uniformity in their buildings, such as the Exxon campus or the new Chevron towers.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:36 PM

675 posts, read 1,445,489 times
Thank you Chevron for your investment in Houston. I could care less if it was the ugliest building in the world...it is jobs. Well paying jobs at that. Drill baby Drill!!!

Old 07-04-2013, 09:06 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,764,143 times
I told you so in December 2012 :-) And talking about credible information that is now confirmed, who wants to bet that the Chevron executives will be moving to Houston from San Ramon in less than 5 years? There is another new building in works for Chevron near the existing ones. Radiator building anyone :-) HINT

http://www.city-data.com/forum/27453930-post10.html

Old 07-04-2013, 09:29 PM
JL

8,514 posts, read 14,463,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
I told you so in December 2012 :-) And talking about credible information that is now confirmed, who wants to bet that the Chevron executives will be moving to Houston from San Ramon in less than 5 years? There is another new building in works for Chevron near the existing ones. Radiator building anyone :-) HINT

The CIO and other executives have already moved to Houston for the past 6 months now.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,531,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post

Radiator building? Interesting.. Exxon is expected to have everyone out of there by 2015, and then it's up for renovations. There is a big parking lot separating that building from the chevron Campus though. I suppose that lot could be bought and a podium for new facilities built on it with bridges linking it to 1500 Louisiana and the old Exxonmobil building or something?

Old 07-04-2013, 09:35 PM

I am talking the A building guys. Watson, Kirkland and company

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
The CIO and other executives have already moved to Houston for the past 6 months now.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:37 PM

BINGO :-) All of that is already in works getting closer to be finalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Radiator building? Interesting.. Exxon is expected to have everyone out of there by 2015, and then it's up for renovations. There is a big parking lot separating that building from the chevron Campus though. I suppose that lot could be bought and a podium for new facilities built on it with bridges linking it to 1500 Louisiana and the old Exxonmobil building or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston