Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 05:53 PM

675 posts, read 1,453,548 times

Advertisements

"I am a medical coder and biller and also work with lots of health insurances. I am near 30, a single mother of 4 and want a good, safe and affordable place(35k Salary) to raise my boys, good career opportunities and have sophisticated fun for myself and feel at home"

I am sorry. For a $35k salary, single mother and raising 4 boys, you are going to have a very difficult time anywhere. Houston is relatively "cheaper" than most places but its getting more expensive by the day. A 2 bedroom apt is going to run you anywhere from 900-1200 a month in a "safe" place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 07:08 PM

611 posts, read 2,234,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip808 View Post
"I am a medical coder and biller and also work with lots of health insurances. I am near 30, a single mother of 4 and want a good, safe and affordable place(35k Salary) to raise my boys, good career opportunities and have sophisticated fun for myself and feel at home"

I am sorry. For a $35k salary, single mother and raising 4 boys, you are going to have a very difficult time anywhere. Houston is relatively "cheaper" than most places but its getting more expensive by the day. A 2 bedroom apt is going to run you anywhere from 900-1200 a month in a "safe" place.
no no she is going to be an accountant and her husband will have some type of degree too and their housing budget is 250K

AZ to Tampa!!

she also has management skills and her husband has IT skills

Is orlando all Old?

their housing budget can stretch to 300K though if needed

Where would you reccommend?

she also does home health care and her husband does ITT

Best jobs: Tampa or Orlando

I think the "reality" here is that you might be calling out to Houston, but Houston is definitely not calling out back

move back to Omaha either near your family or better yet in with your family, figure out what your real career is, stop worrying about socializing when you are recently divorced, widowed or whatever and you have been making babies since you were 18 and cursing and lounging and chilling is probably going to be out of the question for the next 18 years or so for you at least

Old 07-04-2013, 07:56 PM

10 posts, read 11,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
no no she is going to be an accountant and her husband will have some type of degree too and their housing budget is 250K

AZ to Tampa!!

she also has management skills and her husband has IT skills

Is orlando all Old?

their housing budget can stretch to 300K though if needed

Where would you reccommend?

she also does home health care and her husband does ITT

Best jobs: Tampa or Orlando

I think the "reality" here is that you might be calling out to Houston, but Houston is definitely not calling out back

move back to Omaha either near your family or better yet in with your family, figure out what your real career is, stop worrying about socializing when you are recently divorced, widowed or whatever and you have been making babies since you were 18 and cursing and lounging and chilling is probably going to be out of the question for the next 18 years or so for you at least

Excuse you, I did not get on here for you to dissect MY life. I asked about a lifestyle I'd like and which place best fits that, and that's it. You know nothing about nothing, for all you know my husband could have passed away. SO don't you dare go telling me about MY life. I do do home health accounting and billing and my degree is in management and I just received my coding certification. I didn't know I could only have one degree. Also I stated the lowest amt at 35k knowing making a big move to another state not being known in the industry, I may not be making what I am making now at the higher end. Throw me in jail for playing it safe. But I'm glad to know there are people like you to tell me about me having children with MY military husband since I was young and how I'm tied up for the next 18 years. I actually started having kids at 13 (insert sarcasm) Excuse me for not having 5 different baby daddies and no career and sitting on welfare collecting a check. Like really??? Me wanting to have a life outside of my children is none of your business, and whether I'm a widow, newly divorced or anything else is nonya, so all else is just extra..... People do good, people got something to say, people do bad people got something to say. It's a forum and your speaking on someone you don't know, But hey they talked about Jesus too and I'm no better than He is...so I guess just talk away as you please!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston