Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 11:48 AM

11 posts, read 35,685 times

Advertisements

Is Bellaire area not good for kids?
I mean the schools are not good or is it unsafe area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 11:05 PM

3 posts, read 1,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenu1 View Post
Hi,
My family shall be relocating to Houston Texas in two weeks from now and my hubby's workplace will be in zip code 77401.I have one 8 year old daughter who shall be going to school and a 3 year old would attend a play school.
I am looking for a house for rent near his office in west loop south Bellaire. Any suggestions for area with safe but reasonable rent and few Indians in neighbourhood please.
Thanks in advance.
Give me a call or email me, I can help you.

[Mod cut: no personal info. Please contact per DM]

Last edited by elnina; 07-14-2013 at 01:58 AM..

Old 07-13-2013, 11:47 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,195,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenu1 View Post
Is Bellaire area not good for kids?
I mean the schools are not good or is it unsafe area?
Schools not so good.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:20 AM

8 posts, read 10,996 times
Who is this ***** elnina deleting others comments ??

Old 07-14-2013, 11:57 AM

70 posts, read 230,677 times
There are a couple of factors for you to consider. Are you here for the long-term or is this a short visit and you want to experience all that Houston and the US has to offer ? Sugarland is a great place for you if it is the former. There is a great Indian community/ community events/ temples/ grocery stores etc and great schools. Keep in mind though that it is not a 20 minute commute to Midtown.

If it is the later then you have to live someplace closer to the city so that you guys don't waste all your time commuting and living a day-to-day life not very different (definitely more luxurious :-) )from what you left. If you are renting, you can potentially get into the best schools the city has to offer without paying the premium for buying a house. I know of temp Indian families renting apartments zoned to West U among others.

It very much depends on where you are coming from ad what your goals are for the time you are here.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:48 PM

3 posts, read 18,842 times
I would strongly disagree with Hangster and Cheryjohns. Perhaps they are confusing the City of Bellaire (the OP sited zip code 77401), with Bellaire Ave which is a long street and does have some undesirable areas. The City of Bellaire is probably one of the safest areas to live in Houston. It has it's own police force, which is very on top of things. And the schools here are some of the best neighborhood schools in the city, and I think that if you look at the numbers you will see that they absolutely rival Sugarland schools. Bellaire has some of the most expensive real estate in the city (price/sq ft). There is a reason for that - schools and safety. There are some that don't like the architecture of the homes, and feel that the builders are constructing houses that are too large for the lots. I'm not disputing that. But the safety of the area and quality of the schools are indisputable. A quick search on this forum or a google search would definitely support this.

Sugarland is a great area and there are a lot of Indians living there. There are a lot of Indians living in Bellaire and West University areas as well, although not as many Sugarland. There are a lot of Indian physicians that work in the Tex. Med. Center that live in these areas for the close commute. A commute from Sugarland would be about 45 min. But in Sugarland rents may be more affordable? Property prices have increased tremendously just in the last few months in Bellaire, although I don't know what that means for rental prices. You can probably get more house/apartment for your money in Sugarland.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:27 PM

5 posts, read 6,862 times
If you are looking for a large Indian population, Sugar Land will hit the spot moreso than Bellaire. However, Bellaire is less than 2 miles from the Houston Indian mecca (Hillcroft and 59). It's considered Little India and should appease Indian food cravings and shopping. I live in Bellaire and I have 2 wonderful neighbors of Indian descent (one lives next to me, while the other lives across the street). I wouldn't consider this as a hard statistic, but you won't be alone if you need the comforts of someone of similar heritage in the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston