Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 09:30 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times

Advertisements

I'm helping my cousin find townhomes around Houston but she's being very specific and so far we haven't/can't find much for what she's looking for.

The biggest issue is that she wants a rental property type. We know the housing market is pretty hot right now. Everything is likes she says is a problem because they're all for sale/for rent. She wants to lease a townhouse for a few years and doesn't want to rent from someone who owns it to where they might want to sell in a few years when the Exxon people show up. Where the rent property people really don't want to ever sell but keep it for profit so they always want renters.

That's my understanding of rental properties. But I can't do a Google search for '"rental property only types of living for lease/rent"

I know har pretty well so I volunteered to help but it's proving difficult. The search and her. She's looking to move in the fall. October-December so just looking now since most on the market will probably be gone by then.

Budget is at the most $2500 but at least 2 bathrooms saying if there's guests she doesn't want them using her bathroom. What she has now in her apartment and it's within her bedroom so people have to go through the room. I get that because I personally in houses hate 3 bedrooms and a game room sharing one bathroom upstairs. 4 bedrooms, 2 bath and a half is ridiculous to me.

Areas of interest the North side as far as Cypress, Humble, Conroe, TW, etc. No Loop of Katy/Westside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 02:41 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,240,851 times
Townhouses in Cypress, Humble etc. are renting for $2500 month these days?? If so, that market seems crazy to me. I remember when you could rent a nice townhouse in the central loop for less than that. Is she in a position to buy?

Old 07-13-2013, 05:57 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
???

There is always a risk to renting if the owner gets opportunity to sell.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:00 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
I just plugged in residental lease for townhouse/condo at a 2500 max. There are 73 in The Woodlands alone....I don't see an inventory problem. Huge, new. Shrug.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:52 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,132,383 times
From what other people have posted about the rental market you can't afford to be to unrealistic in your expectations.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:43 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
???

There is always a risk to renting if the owner gets opportunity to sell.
True but I know of a lady who bought a townhome that was in foreclosure and she's leasing it out for property and I know for sure she doesn't ever want to sell it. It's just off Aldine Westfield and my cousin doesn't want to live in that area. She went to Nimitz so she's over anything around there.

My understanding is that she just doesn't want to buy and be tired down to a property if she wants to up and move one day. Love family but there are those you at and she's it. But I love her.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:40 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
She doesn't want to be tied to a property - just "up and move one day" (she does understand that a lease ties you to a property for a specific time, doesn't she?)? However, she wants it in stone that the owner is tied to that property indefinitely? Hmmm. I feel you really have your work cut out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston