Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 04:53 AM

34 posts, read 91,074 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm trying to buy a residential lot with good school zone, but I'm facing some roadblocks.

So far I used greatschool scores to assess the school's quality, but there's also the acceptable/recognized/exemplary rating for each school.

Can you please provide some guidelines which one is more reliable for school rating?

I observed that when I search on realtor.com, it brings up assigned schools to properties. I tried to validate this by searching on the ISD's page by the exact property address, but often it comes back with different assigned schools.

Can someone please shed some light on how to figure out which schools my kids will be able to attend? If you already went through this when buying a building lot, please share your experience and lessons learnt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 06:36 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times
What's the school zone you are building in, or what city?

Realtor sites aren't always correct when it comes to the school zones. Schools can be rezoned at anytime, so neighborhoods can "change" schools. It's best to verify with that school district.

Houston ISD - Find A School in HISD / School Search
Fort Bend ISD - Attendance Boundary Maps
Katy ISD - https://apps.katyisd.org/public/katyisdcampusmap/
Humble ISD - Enrollment in Humble ISD / Attendance Zones
Clear Creek ISD - Schools

You get the idea....

As far as which is a good school...ask on here (try searching first, it may have been talked about). I usually start with the acceptable/recognized/exemplary ratings first to narrow it down, then use greatschools to analyze schools a lot because it has parent/student feed back. But if you are in a good school district, especially in the burbs, most of the schools in that district will most likely be good. Houston ISD is a little more hit or miss just because of its shear size.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:21 AM

34 posts, read 91,074 times
hi Ihafer,

thanks for the great response

I am looking on the North, North-West of Houston, including Tomball and Spring.
Work is around that place, so I prefer not to be too far away (and no, I am not an Exxon relocating one

Any suggestion?

Old 08-31-2013, 08:36 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Klein or Tomball or Cy Fair.

Schools rise or fall contingent on the quality of the principal. That and the parent's and teacher's expectations. What's exemplary today may be recognized in 5 years and vice versa.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:55 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times
Spring ISD - Attendance Zones - Spring ISD

Tomball - Attendance Zones

Conroe/The Woodlands - Conroe Independent School District

Cy Fair - Attendance - Maps

I live in the NE side, so am not too familiar with particular schools on the NW side. To be honest, I would look at greatschools and rule any that are 6 and less. And then go from there. There are not so good school districts here, and they have been mentioned in other threads. I did not post links to any of them. The ones I posted links to all are great school districts, with excellent schools. Pick the area around your work where you want to live (narrow it down from Spring or Cy Fair or Tomball...they are all very different), and then go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston