U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 04:35 PM

4,784 posts, read 2,339,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameusername View Post
Correction: Anything west of I-45 in Harris County is not Spring, Klein is a separate unincorporated suburb which has Spring addresses but isn't Spring. If Klein was part of Spring, Spring would have a population of 280,000, which would be ridiculous to say.
I've heard other people on the thread say The Woodlands is part of Spring, which isn't the case, although some parts of Spring are zoned to schools in The Woodlands.
With all of this taken into account, the only good places in Spring are the ones in Montgomery County, which isn't officially Spring either however that area doesn't have any name and has Spring addresses. There are also a few good communities in the original Harris County part such as Spring Lakes, Northgate Crossing, Greengate, and Cypresswood Lake. They don't have good public schools but if schools weren't a factor they'd be good areas.
I understand 77379 being Klein. It's definitely faraway enough to deserve it's own name and it's a completely different ISD. But how is 77388 not Spring? Their are several neighborhoods and churches with Spring in their name near 45. Their are several churches though with Klein in their name closer to Kuykendahl though.

I don't know why Houston is living NW Harris County in limbo though, if the strip from Richmond along 99 all the way t Humble could incorporate into Cypress, Tomball, The Woodlands, Spring, Klein, Katy, Richmond not only would confusion die down significantly but these areas would be able to pour must needed investment into beautifying some of their communities and making development more cohesive and less hodgepodge.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 11:10 PM

15,721 posts, read 21,273,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameusername View Post
Correction: Anything west of I-45 in Harris County is not Spring, Klein is a separate unincorporated suburb which has Spring addresses but isn't Spring. If Klein was part of Spring, Spring would have a population of 280,000, which would be ridiculous to say.
I've heard other people on the thread say The Woodlands is part of Spring, which isn't the case, although some parts of Spring are zoned to schools in The Woodlands.
With all of this taken into account, the only good places in Spring are the ones in Montgomery County, which isn't officially Spring either however that area doesn't have any name and has Spring addresses. There are also a few good communities in the original Harris County part such as Spring Lakes, Northgate Crossing, Greengate, and Cypresswood Lake. They don't have good public schools but if schools weren't a factor they'd be good areas.
Correction
A lot of the South side of The Woodlands have Spring addresses

The post office on Woodlands Parkway and Gosling clearly says: “Spring, Texas” on their sign

Old 08-19-2020, 07:18 AM

3,257 posts, read 1,484,810 times
Spring used for mailing addresses is far larger than the Census Designated Place of Spring, which is entirely East of I-45. Same thing for Spring ISD, which includes areas with Spring mailing addresses West of I-45 that are not officially in Spring.

Old 08-19-2020, 12:11 PM

4,784 posts, read 2,339,969 times
https://communityimpact.com/houston/...oundary-klein/

This also means that the Klein area is roughly 200,000 people, albeit it's boundaries are a bit wierd.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
https://communityimpact.com/houston/...oundary-klein/

This also means that the Klein area is roughly 200,000 people, albeit it's boundaries are a bit wierd.
It was done that way because they wanted to include the expensive houses close Exxon Mobil and The Woodlands
and not include the cheaper houses close to I-45/Spring High School.

Old 08-19-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
It was done that way because they wanted to include the expensive houses close Exxon Mobil and The Woodlands
and not include the cheaper houses close to I-45/Spring High School.

Klein ISD was created long before ExxonMobil, or anyone else, built in the area.

Wanting people to use Klein as their address is a bad idea, since the Post Office calls it Spring.

Old 08-19-2020, 11:06 PM

5,684 posts, read 9,787,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
As someone who's lived in Katy my whole life, can someone explain these areas and tell me if my general perception of them is off or right on the money. I don't go to Spring much so I don't know what people mean when they say Spring, obviously their's the general area, but what about the outlying zip codes etcetera.

77373- seems the most synonymous with Spring. It seems solidly middle class, similar to the Northern portion of South Katy East of 99(Taylor HS/Memorial Parkway/Nottingham/Green Trails/Cimarron) or Old Katy(Katy City Limits).

77388- Reminds me of North Katy a bit, including both east and west of 99, some parts are a bit ruralish looking especially heading towards The Woodlands.

77090- North Katy/Bear Creek area not the hood but iffy for sure. The apartments probably make the area worse than it actually is.

77073- Seems to be poorer than the rest of Spring, not quite Alief (If we are keeping the Katy comparisons going) but definitely struggling in some way.

77386- Is this Spring, it's like The Woodland's cousin, it isn't as nice but, it's across the highway and seems to follow that Sugar Land/The Woodlands/Cinco Ranch forumula

77338- West of Cypresswood Drive- close to the airport seems semi-rural cause it's sorta behind the airport.

77389- Basically The Woodlands, directly borders it to the south, looks significantly more rural, it's the part of Spring I used to visit the most because of the proximity of Burroughs Park and 99 going through it.

My view overall on the area is that the only troublesome looking areas are 77090 and 77073 mostly because they directly border Greenspoint (A.K.A Gunspoint, and with no highway border, sure their's massive spillover), and with no massive master-planned community, i'm sure for every nice looking neighborhood in the area a starter home community borders it making it less stratified than Katy, were Cinco Ranch spurred a bunch of near endless stream of Copycats into Fulshear and Richmond.

But Spring especially the 77389/77386/77388 zip codes mentioned which contain 110,000 people (15,000-20,000 folk in 77389 live in The Woodlands), which is comparable to South Katy, albeit smaller by about 60,000 people in income. 77373 which is the only area that get's highlighted as Spring when you look it up seems very middle class-lower middle class.

Now the poorest part of Katy is nowhere as poor as say 77090 which puts up numbers similar to Alief albeit it doesn't look like it from the neighborhoods. But outside of the 22 Southern zip codes the 4 Northern ones seem fine and even if you think Spring ISD and Aldine ISD especially are trash, the 3 far northern zips are zoned to Klein and Conroe respectively.
Basically Spring is 77373 and 77388 as its core. Anything west of the train yard is solidly middle-middle class while anything to the east becomes dumpy. 77090 and 77073 are the more urban edges of Spring, so the noted similarity to Alief is actually correct (note the third digit of "0" denoting Houston proper vs. "3" denoting exurban north of Houston).

77389 is the Harris County "annexation" by The Woodlands master-planned community, similar to the Harris County extension of Cinco Ranch around the intersection of Highland Knolls and Peek. Spring cannot cross the county line at Spring Creek because it's not an incorporated development, just an unincorporated census-designated place. Therefore 77386 is considered part of The Woodlands "ETJ". The agreed consistent boundary was the county line on Spring Creek, before the annexation of the Harris County side by The Woodlands. So don't expect anymore annexations by The Woodlands now that the rest of the area has been spoken for!

77338 is assigned to the Humble Post Office. But the Humble city limits end on Townsen Blvd, so the west of Cypresswood Drive portion is culturally and de facto Spring 77373.

Old 08-20-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Klein ISD was created long before ExxonMobil, or anyone else, built in the area.

Wanting people to use Klein as their address is a bad idea, since the Post Office calls it Spring.
Klein ISD Board Passes Klein, TX. Designation Resolution - Jan. 2016

The Klein ISD Board of Trustees passed a resolution at the January meeting regarding the 88 square miles encompassing Klein ISD as Klein, Tx. The resolution includes the following: 1) recommends that residents living within the district boundaries refer to their community as Klein, Texas; 2) recommends that citizens within zip codes 77379, 77389 and 77391 use Klein, Texas as their address; and 3) directs that all Klein ISD buildings and facilities be identified as being in Klein, Texas.

Old 08-20-2020, 12:59 PM

5,684 posts, read 9,787,333 times
Quote:

The Klein ISD Board of Trustees passed a resolution at the January meeting regarding the 88 square miles encompassing Klein ISD as Klein, Tx. The resolution includes the following: 1) recommends that residents living within the district boundaries refer to their community as Klein, Texas; 2) recommends that citizens within zip codes 77379, 77389 and 77391 use Klein, Texas as their address; and 3) directs that all Klein ISD buildings and facilities be identified as being in Klein, Texas.
Probably a bad idea to do right now with Trump's mail slowdown before his re-election attempt. You're just asking for your mail to be slowed or returned to sender because of addressing conventions. Better use the standardized address promulgated by the USPS for the most rapid service!

The Zip Code Lookup™ on the USPS website is very useful to determine your (or other people's) standardized address. Since the standardized address includes ZIP+4, it cuts costs and increases operations efficiency of processing and sorting on the struggling (and beleaguered) service. It also produces an accurate address which makes the U.S. Mail reliable, unlike the long-winded descriptions used in developing countries.

I've already updated my Contacts to the standardized address as exactly shown (including ALL CAPS) on the website. It becomes a simple copy-and-paste on your phone, tablet, or computer between your contacts and the word processor once implemented. Spend some of your spare time soon on conforming your Contacts to the standardized address to make sending/receiving mail effortless!

Old 08-20-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:

Completely, and utterly meaningless. Klein ISD Board doesn't speak for the USPS, which is responsible for allocating mailing addresses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston