Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 08:57 AM

568 posts, read 895,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
Because having a dark sense of humor is exclusive to Houstonians... The jokes here have nothing to do with accepting something as a way of life.
fix'd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 02:20 PM

175 posts, read 366,040 times
Criminals target homes in which they know there is something they want to steal. My step-dad was a cop and we were broken into twice--always for the guns. My conclusion? Guns suck. I stay as far away from them as possible.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:38 PM

10,097 posts, read 9,931,328 times
LOL, Houstonians do have a sort of dark sense of humor. It's stuff that's made many of my co-workers gasp here in LA. It's what makes our rappers so off the wall unique too.

But yes, this crime is not a laughing matter. I am still shocked that Houston is going through a record boom for any major city during hard nationa economic times but is still experiencing the level of crime you would see in harder hit areas like Detroit, New Orleans and Memphis.

Now you can go several ways, develop the harder hit areas to provide more opportunities for people or go the way I pretty much already know Houston will go and that's use tougher on crime laws to bring the hammer down. Those that can't cut it in Houston and resort to crime will just be locked up. Simple as that, eh?

Old 09-10-2013, 10:20 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,864,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
LOL, Houstonians do have a sort of dark sense of humor. It's stuff that's made many of my co-workers gasp here in LA. It's what makes our rappers so off the wall unique too.

But yes, this crime is not a laughing matter. I am still shocked that Houston is going through a record boom for any major city during hard nationa economic times but is still experiencing the level of crime you would see in harder hit areas like Detroit, New Orleans and Memphis.

Now you can go several ways, develop the harder hit areas to provide more opportunities for people or go the way I pretty much already know Houston will go and that's use tougher on crime laws to bring the hammer down. Those that can't cut it in Houston and resort to crime will just be locked up. Simple as that, eh?
We're having the same in Austin...huge boom but property crime is horrible, no matter where you live. It's really sad the number of times I've seen broken car window glass in parking lots around here. Stolen cars and bikes, and homes broken into all over the city happen every day. What's frustrating is people take it in stride as if it's just a normal way of life in Austin. I don't know if people take it in stride in Houston; would be curious to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: