Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,191,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
Our first, and current homes have been built from the ground up. He got the items on his wish list (more specific than mine) - and it took me a very long time to find the floor plans that he liked. I feel like it's my turn! I have new things on my wish list that he doesn't really think about because he's not here as much as I am. While I like new builds, I feel like they are mostly all the same, cookie cutter homes. Plus I really enjoy doing house projects (seriously - my wood working tools need some use!!). There's only so many house projects you can do to a new home. I've painted pretty much every room. I've switched rooms around from a game room to a media room to an exercise room. I changed our dining room to a piano/art room for the kids. I've done accent tiling in my kitchen and bathroom. I need to work on my backyard next (I hate landscaping). The only thing left to do that I REALLY want to do is rip up all my tile and put in hard wood flooring. But to do that would be VERY costly, and would probably price me out of my neighborhood. Being a large one story - we are already at the upper end of the pricing for our neighborhood from the get go. So that option is out if we aren't planning on staying here for 30 more years.
Well, you would be in heaven in the Oak Forest/Garden Oaks/Timbergrove area. Plus, every improvement you make will cash out nicely, later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 11:31 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,136,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Well, you would be in heaven in the Oak Forest/Garden Oaks/Timbergrove area. Plus, every improvement you make will cash out nicely, later.
I looked at har.com in those areas - man the inventory is LOW for my price range!! They have all been bid on and are pending! Haha!! Cool area. Might have to drive around there and check it out more. It's never been on my radar before.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:38 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,017,815 times
Westbury zoned to Parker/Johnston/Westbury if you are needing good elementary and middle. If need only HS, neighborhoods like Maplewood zoned to Bellaire.

Commute to DT or ship channel won't be too bad. Less than 30 minutes to both I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston