Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 10:10 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,612,075 times

Advertisements

Let's try and stick with the facts surrounding what happened in this particular case and keep it within an area code of being on topic. I'd rather not wander too far off into hypotheticals. This is directed towards everyone, not just the last member that happened to have posted. Thanks folks.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:18 PM

16 posts, read 28,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
So in other words, when I'm going on my walk around the neighborhood and half a mile from my house I see someone coming out of a window with some goods, the law says I can kill him?

I think you need to check your choice of pronouns here.
that's not what i said, but technically, in theory, yes, of course, you wouldn't know whether or not it was a burglar, so if you shot him and he happened to be the homeowner, you would have a definite problem.
no lad, the law says that if a punk ran out of your house with your tv, you can shoot him even though he got to the sidewalk.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:00 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,092,487 times
so whats the latest on this guy? so is SE Houston a breeding ground for the worst type of illegals? shiert even SW houston isn't that bad

Old 02-26-2008, 03:38 PM

8,307 posts, read 38,663,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
So in other words, when I'm going on my walk around the neighborhood and half a mile from my house I see someone coming out of a window with some goods, the law says I can kill him?

I think you need to check your choice of pronouns here.
What's a pronoun?

Old 06-25-2008, 07:29 AM

211 posts, read 392,833 times
Default Give Joe Horn A Medal For Being A Good American

You have two people, who are NOT U.S. CITIZENS, in OUR COUNTRY ILLEGALLY, breaking into OUR homes. They BOTH GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED....Hope they got sent back to Colombia in cardboard boxes. They shouldn't even allow them to be buried on OUR SOIL. The cops can't protect you. Cops show up to write reports and haul the dead.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublenickels View Post
You have two people, who are NOT U.S. CITIZENS, in OUR COUNTRY ILLEGALLY, breaking into OUR homes. They BOTH GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED....Hope they got sent back to Colombia in cardboard boxes. They shouldn't even allow them to be buried on OUR SOIL. The cops can't protect you. Cops show up to write reports and haul the dead.

and you are a thousand percent correct. all the way around

Old 06-26-2008, 08:24 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,330,811 times
While I also believe under the laws of Texas this man had every right to do what he did, I did see a new blurb about it and it showed the man who shot them. It pointed out that he felt horrible about having done it.

I would feel horrible as well. I have spoken to cops who have been totally justified in shooting someone but still feel horrible about it, needed counseling about it etc.

I used to work with one cop who hesitated too long in shooting this guy who was hopped up on drugs and he got a horrible beatdown because of it. The guy was all coked up and finally the cop was able to get out his gun and shoot him.

I don't think anyone wants to take a life, even when the person gives the shooter no choice. BUT it does have to be done sometimes. I know myself well enough to know that if I am ever put in that situation that I will be haunted by it the rest of my life, not just the shooting but the entire events leading up to it.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:18 AM

759 posts, read 3,172,024 times
I really hate people like ScamEL X, looking to make this situation a race issue. The guy is a moron, drug dealing loser, who has never held any other type of job. How does he make his money? by shaking down businesses like Al Crapton?

Old 06-27-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I was wondering what people think of this story?! I honestly have mixed feelings about it. I am sure he thought he was doing the right thing but I am not sure if those burglars deserved to die. Anyways, when you are involved in some criminal activity, that is the kind of risk you are taking. It seems like under Texas law, this is absolutely legal. Comments?

Nov. 15, 2007, 4:27PM
Pasadena man fatally shoots burglary suspects

A Pasadena homeowner this afternoon fatally shot two men he believed were burglarizing his neighbor's house, police said.

you get to be right, partially. of course the trash deserved to die. NO intelligent person would dispute the fact. if they had been at work being human beings, they would still be alive. they chose to die instead, just as every other burglar, or robber, etc

Old 06-28-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
calling the police then confronting them? doesnt sound right. also if i have the upper hand and had time to contemplate i'd probably focus on aiming a little lower to maim them. but honestly I dont know how it is when youre 72
that is stupid on it's face. there is NO rational reason to shoot to wound a punk. anytime a piece of shyt forces you to pull the trigger, you intend to kill, or deserve whatever happens to you. age is totally irrelevant. if you don't intend to kill the trash, you have no business with a gun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston