U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:17 PM

8 posts, read 31,834 times

Advertisements

I'm not losing any sleep over two dead robbers who brazenly break into a home in broad daylight, but if the quotes in the Chron are accurate this guy has big legal problems ahead.

"Mr. Horn, do not go outside the house. You're going to get yourself shot if you go outside that house with a gun," the dispatcher told Horn at one point.

"You wanna make a bet," Horn responded. "I'm gonna kill them. They're gonna get away."

Attorney: Pasadena man didn't intend to kill | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (broken link)

SportingClays
-=-=-

Old 11-17-2007, 08:19 PM

10,593 posts, read 22,721,556 times
One of the things I miss about living in Texas.

Living in Texas the robbers HAD to be aware this was a posibility therefore I can't feel sorry for them.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:23 PM

2,703 posts, read 405,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
One of the things I miss about living in Texas.

Living in Texas the robbers HAD to be aware this was a posibility therefore I can't feel sorry for them.
Uh...could you ever feel sorry for robbers? I know someone (was, and still is a friend of mine), who broke into a few houses in Katy. He was caught and sent to JJ for a year. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:49 PM

6,868 posts, read 13,016,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Clays View Post
I'm not losing any sleep over two dead robbers who brazenly break into a home in broad daylight, but if the quotes in the Chron are accurate this guy has big legal problems ahead.

"Mr. Horn, do not go outside the house. You're going to get yourself shot if you go outside that house with a gun," the dispatcher told Horn at one point.

"You wanna make a bet," Horn responded. "I'm gonna kill them. They're gonna get away."

Attorney: Pasadena man didn't intend to kill | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (broken link)

SportingClays
-=-=-

Exactly. He doesn't make a strong argument for defending himself or his property.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:52 PM

10,593 posts, read 22,721,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Uh...could you ever feel sorry for robbers? I know someone (was, and still is a friend of mine), who broke into a few houses in Katy. He was caught and sent to JJ for a year. I don't feel sorry for him at all.
Robbers won't get any sorrow from me. The people they harm, the homeowners they hurt, the peope they frighten are the ones I feel sorry for.

I know firsthand the kind of fear this kind of crime engenders in the people who live in the area nevermind the people whose home they break into. They put a bullseye on their forehead, their doing, not the shooter.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:10 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 5,800,089 times
they should state that there was a possiblity that someone(neighbor) is inside the house, could be tied up, injured or dead.

doesnt it make you wonder how burglars know when youre not home? there are cases when people are abducted then taken to their homes to rob them of their valuables then killed.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Status: " On and off line interchangeably" (set 14 days ago)

9,824 posts, read 11,360,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Robbers won't get any sorrow from me. The people they harm, the homeowners they hurt, the peope they frighten are the ones I feel sorry for.

I know firsthand the kind of fear this kind of crime engenders in the people who live in the area nevermind the people whose home they break into. They put a bullseye on their forehead, their doing, not the shooter.
Damn right! (pardon the french, ladies). It is about time the scum of the earth became afraid of the law abiding citizen. Again, maybe this fellow wasn't the most likeable man on the planet, and had some questionable notions. BUT..by damn and high cotton, he was in the right, in the whole scheme of things.

Personally? I am a very peaceable and easy going man. To the point of being tender hearted. But I have no sympathy whatsover for street thugs who make a living off violating and terrorizing others. Far as I am concerned? As someone said earlier. Just a few less dirtbags off the sidewalk. Good riddance.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:22 PM

6,868 posts, read 13,016,492 times
I don't think anyone here feels that these guys weren't thugs. I think some of us just feel the shooter might not have had the best judgment and might have brazenly broken the law himself. Do two wrongs make a right? Not if his mistake ultimately affects whether or not I can protect myself in the future. This is just the kind of stuff anti-gun folks eat up with a spoon.

Someone asked on another board why he didn't aim for their legs, arms, or feet. It's not like he was unfamiliar with a shotgun. I have to wonder the same thing.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:56 PM

2,703 posts, read 405,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I don't think anyone here feels that these guys weren't thugs. I think some of us just feel the shooter might not have had the best judgment and might have brazenly broken the law himself. Do two wrongs make a right? Not if his mistake ultimately affects whether or not I can protect myself in the future. This is just the kind of stuff anti-gun folks eat up with a spoon.

Someone asked on another board why he didn't aim for their legs, arms, or feet. It's not like he was unfamiliar with a shotgun. I have to wonder the same thing.
If he shot and injured the person, then he could have been prosecuted. The law says the robbers (burglars, etc.) must be killed. They can sue you if you get injured. For example, if they get cut for breaking into your window, you can get sued.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:16 PM

2,577 posts, read 5,652,724 times
Well if the old man isn't happy where he's living now, he can move next door to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston