Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2013, 01:19 PM

3 posts, read 5,289 times

Advertisements

The hair stylist that I have used for the past 10 years has moved to another state. I am DESPERATELY seeking a new stylist in the Katy/Richmond area. I am used to going to someone who cuts my hair exactly how I want it and doesn't insist on wild changes (being a great colorist is a plus also). I have long and thick wavy/curly hair and would like to go to someone who is used to cutting this type of hair. I had to go to a different stylist one time a few years ago and she did not separate my hair into sections before she cut it, she just took thick sections and cut it. I would appreciate any suggestions. I am used to about $50 for just a cut and style.

P.S.
Please do not recommend Highland Salon. I used to go there when I first moved here and I never liked it. Way too big and busy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 01:44 PM

63 posts, read 117,887 times
I am new to Katy and tried John Michael who is the owner of Hair Studio 159. I was very overdue for highlights/lowlight for my dark ashy blonde hair. He nailed the color perfectly and I am happy with the cut as well. Price was about $40 for the cut and $75 for the color. Be warned - it is not a fancy place at all. A bit quirky but in a good way. I will go back for sure.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:58 AM

3 posts, read 3,697 times
Default New York quality in Katy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali832 View Post
The hair stylist that I have used for the past 10 years has moved to another state. I am DESPERATELY seeking a new stylist in the Katy/Richmond area. I am used to going to someone who cuts my hair exactly how I want it and doesn't insist on wild changes (being a great colorist is a plus also). I have long and thick wavy/curly hair and would like to go to someone who is used to cutting this type of hair. I had to go to a different stylist one time a few years ago and she did not separate my hair into sections before she cut it, she just took thick sections and cut it. I would appreciate any suggestions. I am used to about $50 for just a cut and style.

P.S.
Please do not recommend Highland Salon. I used to go there when I first moved here and I never liked it. Way too big and busy.
You definitely have to go to Lifetime Fitness in the Cinco Ranch area. Ask for Felicia - she's amazing! Men's cuts, women's cuts, color, blowdries, etc. She's originally from New York and brings that flair with her. I know she lives in Katy now so is quite familiar with what Katy residents expect out of their stylists. You'll be back on here raving about her once you're done!!!

Old 01-17-2014, 12:38 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,362,675 times
Wen Chic is where I go, as I have had bad cuts before on my very long hair. I don't like to risk a bad cut, so I actually drive in from Houston to this salon. I really like Heddie the best, but the owner Wenny is great too. My cuts always last longer when I go there, because they are so well done.

Great coloring too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston