Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 01:30 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,215,996 times

Advertisements

when will severn trent take internet payments? It's only 2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:38 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,297,006 times
we use filter water from refrigerator or PUR for guests and Nestle for ourselves

Old 06-19-2014, 12:19 PM

222 posts, read 417,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
Seriously. Right? I got my first bill and was amazed to see that there is no 'free' option to take money automatically online. Even the auto bank draft thing charges $1 or something.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:14 PM

672 posts, read 846,920 times
Coming from NYC, I miss drinking out of the faucet. The water hear is horrible, I'd never drink straight out of the faucet.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:44 AM

552 posts, read 834,544 times
I use a britta filter. The water in Katy does have a weird smell and taste to it, but the britta filter cleans it right up.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:02 AM
NPG

1 posts, read 1,303 times
Hello,

We just moved in Plantation Lake neighborhood on Little York and Greenhouse Rd about a month ago. We had a water filter filter saleman came over to the house and told us that the water was not suitable for drinking since it has radiation and too much chloride in it. He did put on some test to show us that we absorb the chloride through skin and consumption. However, he did not do any proof about radiation except showing us a clip on YouTube from 11News channel talking about it. Does anyone have heard anything about that?

Old 10-09-2014, 04:00 AM

61,660 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thakur23 View Post
Drinking bottle water is actually bad for the environment and icing on the cake is that it is actually equal or lesser in quality than the water you get in your tap. When I say lesser: Bottle water companies take water from the same source that you get at your home. They filter it which is good but they remove useful minerals that are naturally dissolved in water, bottle it and sell it.
FYI: It is estimated that about 25% of the bottled waters consumed in the U.S. come from municipal water supplies.
Watch for "natural" water - the word "natural" is only allowed for bottled water, which is derived from springs or wells where the natural chemical (mineral and trace elements) composition of the water has not been altered as a result of treatment process.

Mineral water, artesian water/artesian well water, spring water is not a tap water.

BTW: people concerned about their drinking water may want to read this:
I-Team investigates radiation in our water supply

Old 10-09-2014, 07:33 AM

676 posts, read 931,150 times
I almost always drink tap unless I am out somewhere and someone gives me bottled water. I prefer the taste of tap over bottled. Penn and Teller actually did a good job explaining how bottled water is a pretty big ripoff and a lot of the tastes and health benefits of bottled are basically a placebo effect. Warning: Their video does contain some language that may be NSFW depending on where you work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHx6BX3HZJc

Old 10-09-2014, 08:10 AM

430 posts, read 1,256,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
Apparently Severn Trent has gotten an earful from their customers on this subject -- and rightfully so. I received my bill a few days ago (MUD 35). Along with the bill there was a letter stating that Severn Trent is in the process of implementing new auto-pay and online pay options. Also enclosed was a sample of what our new bills will look like. For reasons not entirely clear to me, everyone will be given a new account number when this is implemented.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:07 AM

504 posts, read 1,149,931 times
It has already happened here in Cinco SW with the new bill. It's the stupidest thing ever to assign us new account numbers.

The internet pay option still has a fee (if I remember correctly) and so I just use bill pay through my bank.

If you have ever called ST on the phone be prepared for incompetency and a general lack of caring from anyone you speak to over there.

Worst company ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: