Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 01:25 PM

536 posts, read 1,062,343 times

Advertisements

Okay, so slow day at work and random thought - why do Realtors close or half close the blinds when taking photos of houses for listings?

There are a ton of photos on HAR.com that are really poor quality and a lot that would have benefited from natural light in the room. I'm amazed at how often I look at listings and think the house looks really dark and then realize it's because all the blinds are shut (or half way down).

What's that about?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 01:32 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,549,309 times
IMO room's look better with light fixtures. maybe it just wasnt captured by the camera

Old 12-02-2013, 01:51 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,191,612 times
My favorites are the photos taken with cell phones, especially the dark and blurry ones. My favorite of the favorite is when they take a picture from the car and you can see their side mirror in the shot.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:35 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
As a person looking for a house to buy at this very moment, I'm stunned at the lack of concern for the seller.

One house in Huntwick has been on the market for months. Come to find out, the agent has it in Klein ISD when it is in CyFair. No wonder it has been on the market so long.

Some of the pictures should make the agents hang their heads. Sorry the buyers are so trusting.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
As a person looking for a house to buy at this very moment, I'm stunned at the lack of concern for the seller.

One house in Huntwick has been on the market for months. Come to find out, the agent has it in Klein ISD when it is in CyFair. No wonder it has been on the market so long.

Some of the pictures should make the agents hang their heads. Sorry the buyers are so trusting.
The sellers are the trusting ones. Never looking on HAR to see if info correct, never looking at the quality of the pictures used to sell their home, etc.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:17 PM

I had a house for sale years ago that was a hard sell due to being next to a vacant lot. No zoning makes folks leery of buying next to a vacant lot in Houston. The house had been on the market some days when a neighbor stopped by and told me to have my agent check the listing. It was in the wrong school district.

I'm tempted to call that listing in Huntwick.
Cabot, are you here? Do you live close to the listing?

Old 12-02-2013, 06:42 PM

811 posts, read 1,555,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I had a house for sale years ago that was a hard sell due to being next to a vacant lot. No zoning makes folks leery of buying next to a vacant lot in Houston. The house had been on the market some days when a neighbor stopped by and told me to have my agent check the listing. It was in the wrong school district.

I'm tempted to call that listing in Huntwick.
Cabot, are you here? Do you live close to the listing?
Which one is it?

Old 12-02-2013, 07:23 PM

5418 Olympia Fields

Says Klein ISD but list CyFair schools. We tried to see it, but the owner was not in the mood to show it. I can see why. Sitting there, dead in the water. DH will not consider KISD, so when I entered Cy Fair, it never came up. In desperation one day, I did not specify school districts and it popped up.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:56 PM

536 posts, read 1,062,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
My favorites are the photos taken with cell phones, especially the dark and blurry ones. My favorite of the favorite is when they take a picture from the car and you can see their side mirror in the shot.
I agree, or the ones that are so small you can't see anything. Funnily enough, some of the worst photos can be found on very expensive listings (>$1mil...!)

Old 12-02-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbink View Post
I agree, or the ones that are so small you can't see anything. Funnily enough, some of the worst photos can be found on very expensive listings (>$1mil...!)
Check out one for $5,995,000. You will be able to see which one because the first shot is very blurry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston