Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 10:17 AM

1,232 posts, read 1,900,944 times

Advertisements

I have never understood the concern that certain political or religious beliefs are going to make folks standout in a huge metro area like Houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 02:30 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,136,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
But wouldn't a true friend like you even when you state your beliefs to them and they are different?
Yes, exactly this is what I was trying to say.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:12 AM

73 posts, read 225,639 times
I wouldn't discount Fall Creek. If you think 1) you'd be hopping into Houston for a game or a restaurant often and 2) you'd be driving over to Beaumont or Lake Charles regularly rather than just every once in a while and 3) you drive your kids to school and/or they are involved in several activities, FC is well-located for that.

Even though you don't commute to work, the above activities will involve quite a lot of time sitting in traffic if you live in KW. There's something wonderful (if you're someone who doesn't relish driving) about hopping onto 59 and getting into downtown Houston in 20 min or so (which is about what it would take from FC) and getting right on to Beltway 8 for the trip to your parents. Easy highway driving.

FC, I think, is zoned to SummerCreek HS which is new and just down the road. The MS would also be an easy drive. THere's an alternative HS located at LoneStar-Atascocita branch just up the road (West Lake Houston Parkway, or WLHP as it's called here).

I'm not sure whether this tip is relevant for your child, but you might check Monarch School. (not located in NE Houston, but may be something to check out).

KW has grown, NE Houston has grown, and the infrastructure, like in many parts of the area, hasn't grown as fast. If you live in the back end of KW (sorry, I'm not from here, so I don't know if there's another way to describe it), and you would access KW from WLHP, you'll have a mess of a time. There are several new housing developments planned on WLHP north of Summerwood that will make an already awful drive into KW even worse.

There are some sketchy neighborhoods around FC, but the same can be said for nearly all neighborhoods in Houston.

Best thing to do is come here, stay at a hotel in either KW or Atascocita and drive around to see where you like. Explore other parts of Houston to see where you might turn (for fun, for family needs, shopping, etc) and figure out what will work best for you.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,002 times
I'm so mad. I wrote a post and it got deleted! So here we go again.

I like the Fall Creek area but feel it lacks a few things. More business, restaurants etc.
Kingwood has gorgeous trees, new movie theater, more food spots closer to 59N.

The commute to downtown from Kingwood is a bit longer. From Fall Creek it is about 20-30, if you are lucky it can be less than 20min sometimes.

Here are a few things that we will be getting in the area.

A new theme park, Texas Grand Theme Park opening in 2015:
[url=http://grandtx.com/venues/grand-texas-theme-park/]Grand Texas Theme Park | Grand Texas Entertainment District[/url]

[url=http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/spring/news/grand-texas-theme-park-plans-unveiled-for-opening/article_11277cc4-4e80-11e3-9865-001a4bcf887a.html]Grand Texas theme park plans unveiled for 2015 opening - Your Houston News: News: grand texas, theme park, new caney, montgomery county,[/url]

Kingwood Parc City Center, located between Kingwood exit and Northpark exit: already in construction...
[url=http://www.kingwoodparc.com/]Kingwood Parc City Center : Main : Location[/url]

[url=http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/lake_houston/news/kingwood-parc-city-center-royal-brook-of-kingwood-plans-continue/article_7bff682e-a699-50be-9378-80c2ff64d8c5.html]Kingwood Parc City Center, Royal Brook of Kingwood plans continue to progress - Your Houston News: News[/url]

and FMC Technologies is going to be opening Generation Park
:
[url=http://www.generationpark.com/]Generation Park[/url]

[url=http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2013/09/mccord-development-talks-mixed-use.html]McCord Development offers latest details on Generation Park - Houston Business Journal[/url]

[url=http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/kingwood/news/article/Kingwood-area-seeing-home-construction-driven-by-5102112.php]Kingwood area seeing home construction driven by industries - Houston Chronicle[/url]

Hope this info helps some. Think the area will be growing more and I hope it will bring more fun spots to the North East Houston area.

Lolo

Old 01-22-2014, 12:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,002 times
You got a private message that you wouldn't be welcome in Kingwood? Sounds like that person has issues. People like that make Houston and the Kingwood area look bad. Sorry. Houston is very welcoming and I don't find too many that hate Austinites. :-) I love the hill country and wish I could live there myself and get away from the flat land of Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston