Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 12:20 PM

24 posts, read 48,254 times

Advertisements

Hi all, moved here a few months ago and currently renting in The Woodlands, but I think I'm going to end up building outside of it. I'm looking at master planned communities outside of The Woodlands since the developer is charging exorbitant prices for the lots which the builders I've talked to then pass onto us... not sure I want to pay the premium for a zip code.

Any thoughts/opinions/personal experiences about Falls at Imperial Oaks or the surrounding area? I haven't seen much mention of it here. It looks like it's a newer section tucked inside Imperial Oaks, which seems to be looked favorably upon.

New Home Developers from New Home Builder in Spring & The Woodlands, TX - Falls at Imperial Oaks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 01:38 PM

101 posts, read 118,500 times
We have also had an eye on that area...particularly the Holly Creek Section. Although the prices have easily jumped 25-30% since the Exxon facility construction began. Have to think prices will subside a bit once the inventory catches up.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:55 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,370,093 times
If you will be traveling on I-45 everyday for work, I would highly recommend that you attempt a dry run on your commute during rush hour. Traffic is horrendous going to and from this area during these times. It makes The Woodlands traffic look like a picnic.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:09 PM

101 posts, read 118,500 times
colcat - how about when traveling Hardy Tollroad? Same problems?

Old 12-27-2013, 02:35 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,370,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayto30a View Post
colcat - how about when traveling Hardy Tollroad? Same problems?
Not sure. I do know that there are very few arteries in and out of the area. Many residences popping up with no extra roads to deal with the population. I would surely check it out, though. Maybe that direction is less of a headache.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:36 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,993,079 times
yeah for some reason people seem to think exxon is going to cause 10k people to move to the woodlands. the majority of those 10k are already in houston working for exxon and not relocating.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:32 PM

675 posts, read 1,452,989 times
Once the grand parkway opens up from 45 to 59 (or is it 69 now?) Birnham Woods Dr. will be a direct link into the falls at imperial oaks (about 2-3 miles from grand parkway). This will help with the traffic and make going to the woodlands or hoping on 45/HTR a breeze. The grand parkway is going to run next to and in the direction of "Riley Fuzzel". This area appears to be very nice and if you work in The Woodlands and don't want to pay The Woodlands prices, I think this is a very good investment.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:09 AM

24 posts, read 48,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
If you will be traveling on I-45 everyday for work, I would highly recommend that you attempt a dry run on your commute during rush hour. Traffic is horrendous going to and from this area during these times. It makes The Woodlands traffic look like a picnic.

I do know that there are very few arteries in and out of the area. Many residences popping up with no extra roads to deal with the population. I would surely check it out, though. Maybe that direction is less of a headache.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip808 View Post
Once the grand parkway opens up from 45 to 59 (or is it 69 now?) Birnham Woods Dr. will be a direct link into the falls at imperial oaks (about 2-3 miles from grand parkway). This will help with the traffic and make going to the woodlands or hoping on 45/HTR a breeze. The grand parkway is going to run next to and in the direction of "Riley Fuzzel". This area appears to be very nice and if you work in The Woodlands and don't want to pay The Woodlands prices, I think this is a very good investment.
I have noticed the scarcity of arteries out of the area as well. I work at home, so commute is not a concern for me, but my fiancee will have to use the highways. Rayford seems to be the closest connection to I-45 and Riley Fuzzel is the best connection to Hardy. I've seen how bad the traffic can be, but I have read that the Grand Parkway in that section will be finished in the next two years, so I am hopeful that it will greatly reduce congestion. If Birnham Woods Dr is connected soon after/when the Grand Parkway is finished there it should help a lot!

Prices are certainly significantly lower than The Woodlands... we couldn't believe how much they were charging some of the builders for the remaining lots in Creekside Village when we asked around (Timarron). Similar size houses with bigger lots were almost 170k less in Falls! I guess if you absolutely have to be in The Woodlands you're going to pay for it (even if you're in the far west territories of TW...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
yeah for some reason people seem to think exxon is going to cause 10k people to move to the woodlands. the majority of those 10k are already in houston working for exxon and not relocating.
That's what I'm hearing as well. The Fairfax site only totals 2100 or so and that's not taking into account the people who are close enough to retirement and would rather not relocate. And as you say, the rest are already here in Houston and are probably split between The Woodlands and Houston proper. They probably won't get any relo packages, so there's less of an incentive for them to move up here. That doesn't stop the builders from increasing the prices though. Although as buyers, we all want prices to stay low until we get our houses and then we want them to skyrocket

Old 12-28-2013, 11:51 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,993,079 times
The builders should focus on some middle income housing too. I think having large businesses like ExxonMobil move out (whose employees are mostly already employed there and established in their homes) there will bring on an influx of retail and food businesses hoping for the lunchtime, dinner crowd for dining and shopping. Those workers might be looking to move to that area but may be priced out. Although current residents probably would prefer that there not be any middle income housing in the area.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:37 PM

847 posts, read 1,751,456 times
Hardy toll rd would be your best option for a downtown commute... keep in mind that there will be a Walmart built on riley fuzzell...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston