Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 10:13 PM

5 posts, read 11,512 times

Advertisements

we optioned and had inspected two older homes with pools, which failed miserably. before settling on newer one in cypresswood glen estates, sans pool. these older homes often have foundation and pool issues...serious ones, that the seller cannot be trusted to properly repair, even with entries into the contract. we walked a away from a home we loved 24 hours before closing because the owner a had promised repairs and then did NOTHING. don;t be afraid to have the inspector accompany you on final walk through if repairs are required. you will be glad you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
There's a lot of neighborhoods. Don't discount Champion Forest and Memorial Northwest.

Are you wanting a pool or were you just saying?

8215 Lichen Ln, Spring, TX 77379 - HAR.com

The closer you are to 45 the more you should be on guard with crime. It's not bad but stay West of 45.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 20,033 times
Default Cypresswood Estates

I appreciate the info on Cypresswood Estates and will look into those houses. We have appointments to look at several in Cypresswood Glen tomorrow. I also don't understand why people won't reduce prices when their house has not been updated. As you said, the older ones have more amenities and I don't mind paint or new flooring either. I have also seen a few really dirty ones. My husband grew up building custom homes with his Dad in Dallas, so he knows what to look out for with foundation or pool problems. A pool would be nice, but not a requirement. Glad you found something you liked. We hope to also! Thanks for your thoughts.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:37 AM

5 posts, read 11,512 times
Default txgirl49

how is the house hunt coming along? have you selected a house and neighborhood? i mean to say in my last post, that there are some great home stagers around who can really set up a house to look stunning and hide flaws.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:28 AM

6 posts, read 5,941 times
What about Benders Landing in Spring Texas? Moving from California, but doing more research. Took a trip and the whole subdivision is beautiful, but what about crime? Anybody's thoughts?

Old 05-18-2015, 04:05 PM

219 posts, read 299,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollycarras View Post
What about Benders Landing in Spring Texas? Moving from California, but doing more research. Took a trip and the whole subdivision is beautiful, but what about crime? Anybody's thoughts?

Nothing wrong with Benders Landing. But for my taste, it sits a little too close to the crime line for me to be buying a house there.

Also the Grand Parkway (99) they are building is going to barrel right through there. Not sure how you feel about a big multiple lane tollroad sitting in your front yard. I'd pass. Or at least do some serious research. It will increase traffic and crime.

The Grand Parkway Association

Old 05-18-2015, 05:46 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinar View Post
Also the Grand Parkway (99) they are building is going to barrel right through there. Not sure how you feel about a big multiple lane tollroad sitting in your front yard. I'd pass. Or at least do some serious research. It will increase traffic and crime.
Tell me one toll road that has increased crime anywhere

Old 05-19-2015, 08:13 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
Bw8

Old 05-19-2015, 11:20 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Bw8
Where has it increased crime?
I'm guessing that out of the 90 miles of tollroad you are gonna point out to a couple of miles in SW Houston

Old 05-19-2015, 09:55 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
Any neighborhood that is within a mile of a major freeway has more crime than those that have less easy access.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:28 PM

219 posts, read 299,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Tell me one toll road that has increased crime anywhere

Any major road construction in Anytown USA is going to bring more traffic and crime along with it. They just go hand in hand.

Last edited by rockinar; 05-19-2015 at 10:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston