Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 05:07 PM

433 posts, read 655,946 times

Advertisements

I'd be more worried about living in tomball with the good ol boys than that area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 08:04 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,960,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo45 View Post
I'd be more worried about living in tomball with the good ol boys than that area
LOL! You'd be surprised. I'm black and I venture into Tomball a bit here and there. I go to the Silverado theater off Boudreaux and 249 here and there.

Tomball folks are actually quite friendly and it seems genuine.

The problem with Meyerland/Westbury and that area is, your house is $250k+ yet right down there street are way too many apartments that start way too low a month.

If the area is good than you can simply move in and go register your kids. Not have to jump through hoops and hope and pray you win the magnet lottery. Not everyone gets into the magnet schools. People aren't just sending them because they think their kids are "gifted" they're also unconsciously trying to avoid the riff raff.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:04 AM

4,874 posts, read 10,009,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
The problem with Meyerland/Westbury and that area is, your house is $250k+ yet right down there street are way too many apartments that start way too low a month.
Are there that many near Meyerland? Westbury is close to some bad apartments but some near Westbury High School were torn down

While Bellaire is close to Gulfton, Gulfton is zoned to separate schools.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:00 PM

125 posts, read 197,047 times
If trying to stay away from the airport noise, what would be the streets to avoid? Is there a section of Garden Villas that is not so bad for noise?
How is the traffic getting from GV to 610 in the morning and evening commutes?

Old 03-18-2014, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 980 times
We live on brace Street and I have never noticed the airplane noise. Maybe its because all the trees. 610 is pretty close not much traffic in the mornings and 610 fluent have as much traffic as 45.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:59 PM

5 posts, read 3,817 times
Does anyone have any info on the new construction to hobby? What's it going to do to the prices of the homes in the area? Garden villas?

Old 03-18-2014, 04:02 PM

5 posts, read 3,817 times
I've heard a rumor about a big real estate company thinking about buying out garden villas, what's up with that?

Old 03-18-2014, 04:19 PM

31 posts, read 42,544 times
Garen Villas has huge lots! I was driving around there a few weekends ago and I felt very safe! I currently rent in Montrose but under contract in Eastwood area... Garden Villas was like the country but pretty close to everything. Ironically, I didnt consider GV too much bc it was too far from downtown haha.

There is a decent house that backs up to the bayou that is currently listed.. garage apartment, workshop.. i think you could definitely have your backyard chickens there.. (and kayak up the bayou too!)

Old 08-08-2014, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 845 times
Cool Love Garden Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonn View Post
Well my husband isnt white and I would say we are pretty working class so I wouldn't say I am afraid of working class non-whites. I don't, however really want to witness gang violence or to be mugged when walking my dog. I haven't visited the area yet, I guess I will definitely have to do that to make up my mind as to my comfortability level. My dad, who lives in Tomball, swears we will all certainly die if we move there and he moved from Meyerland to Tomball.

Thanks for you replies everyone!

My partner and I are purchasing a home there- one of the smaller lots, what we love about the Villas is that it does feel like you are in the country and in Texas- we are confident that the area will get better we have seen homes for sale while we were shopping for a home in Villas and most were "pending" that tells you that they are moving and most likely the new young owners will fix up the place. I recommend to anyone that loves pecans and the country life to purchase before the area gets discovered. We are getting our little piece of heaven for $79,900. a Steal! We are both 'HUMANS" He is German/Jew=American and I am Spanish/Portuguese=American and we are bi- lingual in English/Spanish our one dog two cats are multi-lingual! LOL

Old 08-09-2014, 07:35 PM

543 posts, read 1,380,388 times
Certain neighborhoods in Friendswood has large land and no or few restrictions.
Very safe area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston