Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 08:08 AM

4 posts, read 11,962 times

Advertisements

Okay, we are expanding our home search from Kingwood into Atascocita. We looked at three homes yesterday and loved them all, so the deciding factor on which one we choose will be the community/hoa. They were in Walden, Atasca Woods and Eagle Springs. We have three little kids ages 6,5,3.

Walden concerns me because I didn't see any sidewalks or parks while driving through the area. Does anyone know if it's kid friendly? (We aren't golfers) As much as it concerns me the house there was our favorite. I'm not finding a lot of information on Walden and any help would be much appreciated.
Atasca woods is, I'm assuming, a leach community of Eagle Springs? Does anyone have any opinion of this area?
I've heard nothing but good things about Eagle Springs, but the airplane noise is a concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 08:10 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,694,601 times
I have an invesent property in Atasca Woods and it is a nice neighborhood nothing fancy about it but nothing bad either. Not sure what you mean by a leach community.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 AM

4 posts, read 11,962 times
I've heard realtors call them leach communities because they pop up near desirable hoa's like Eagle springs.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:29 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,114,557 times
With small children, I would cross Walden off your list. I lived there for almost 5 years, and moved after we had kids. We moved to Eagle Springs. Walden is a great community if you like golfing or want to have a boat and live on the water. If you have small children, and neither of these things are important to you, there are better family-oriented communities.

Atasca Woods is a nice community as well. I think it was here before Eagle Springs was. I don't know much about the community itself.

Eagle Springs is about as family friendly as you can get. Great schools, tons of community sponsored events. Lots of playgrounds and parks throughout the neighborhood. Neighbors know each other. Kids play outside all the time. We live right under the flight path, and noise in NOT a concern. You hear it when you are outside. I never hear anything inside. And after a while, you don't even notice it, unless it's an occasional jumbo jet.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:34 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,832,985 times
I have friends that live in Walden and have raised their kids there. They love the area (yes they love the water) and its has been safe for them to grow up. Not many sidewalks...but not much traffic either. I'd live there.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,503,054 times
I've said this a number of times, Walden isn't really kid friendly. There are no sidewalks and few parks. IMHO, Walden is a great empty nester neighborhood (which is why I had my parents move there), but not really for younger families, IMHO.

As far as "leach" neighborhoods, Walden and Atascocita were there way before Eagle Springs, Summerwood, etc. Additionally, different people in different phases of their lives have different priorities. When you are younger and have a family, parks and pools with slides and sprayers are important. When your kids are older or gone, things like golf courses and fishing access become more important to many. Just because it may be right for you, doesn't mean it's right for everyone.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:33 PM

403 posts, read 678,502 times
Jump on this forum to, hopefully, get some info from people that live in those areas: Atascocita.com - Atascocita, Texas

Old 02-20-2014, 01:14 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,114,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid84 View Post
Jump on this forum to, hopefully, get some info from people that live in those areas: Atascocita.com - Atascocita, Texas
3 of the 4 people who answered live or own property in all 3 of the locations the OP was asking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston